Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

It will be interesting to see how the ratings compare to ESPN2.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by DCinOK View Post
    That is great for the Bison and for the FCS. I bet we're still stuck with the 11 AM game though, with NFL playoffs later in the day.
    11am really sucks for tailgating.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    11am really sucks for tailgating.
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning.

Dont drink. Try getting your tailgate set up, food prepped and ready. Clean up and tear down tailgate by 10am then head to stadium for an 11am KO. Very difficult to enjoy with the time constraints.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Dont drink. Try getting your tailgate set up, food prepped and ready. Clean up and tear down tailgate by 10am then head to stadium for an 11am KO. Very difficult to enjoy with the time constraints.
    I know. Been there done that. Easier just to cater the food in and enjoy.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the ratings compare to ESPN2.
    More than anything it think the rating will be tied to the teams in the game. Just a few programs will draw a larger interest in the game. Glad it is on ABC. I plan to be there in person if you know what I mean.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    More than anything it think the rating will be tied to the teams in the game. Just a few programs will draw a larger interest in the game. Glad it is on ABC. I plan to be there in person if you know what I mean.
    I think this game will have better ratings on ABC than any of the previous championship game (or playoff game for that matter) the Bison have been in regardless of if they're in it the title game or not. The Celebration Bowl has drawn 2M+ viewers every year it's been on ABC and it's not like it's big names playing in that when it's North Carolina A&T vs Alcorn St.

As for national exposure I cant imagine and better game time or network situation than ABC at 11am. FCS could show naked cheerleaders on tv and not draw fans away from 2pm - 10pm coverage of the NFL..Heck, women have figured out its the best time to go out and sleep with their neighbor because GOMER doesnt even know she's out of the house!

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    As for national exposure I cant imagine and better game time or network situation than ABC at 11am. FCS could show naked cheerleaders on tv and not draw fans away from 2pm - 10pm coverage of the NFL..Heck, women have figured out its the best time to go out and sleep with their neighbor because GOMER doesnt even know she's out of the house!
    Depends on which team's cheerleaders.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

As a kid we didn’t have Cable in the farm.

Watched a lot of Big 10 college football on ABC at 11 am Saturday morning, recovering from football Friday night.

This is pretty special. Hail the Bison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk