Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    It will be interesting to see how the ratings compare to ESPN2.
    Anything with ratings shy of double will surprise me. I know i take a game on ABC more seriously than ESPN2, why I dont know but I seem to stop and watch much more often. Imagine the better camera views as well. ESPN2 VS. ABC, no comparison.

I am sure this is due to WDAY buying the media rights..... /purple

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Anything with ratings shy of double will surprise me. I know i take a game on ABC more seriously than ESPN2, why I dont know but I seem to stop and watch much more often. Imagine the better camera views as well. ESPN2 VS. ABC, no comparison.
    Is production value really going to change? I have a feeling it's just going to be a flip of a switch to transfer broadcast over to ABC and that's it...I think nothing changes but the channel.

Is WDAY , ABC going to be the new voice of the Bison vs. NBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Is production value really going to change? I have a feeling it's just going to be a flip of a switch to transfer broadcast over to ABC and that's it...I think nothing changes but the channel.
    Or, maybe they hope to increase the viewership and advertising dollars for an event that has potential to grow at a time spot that has no sports competeing with it? Will be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think this game will have better ratings on ABC than any of the previous championship game (or playoff game for that matter) the Bison have been in regardless of if they're in it the title game or not. The Celebration Bowl has drawn 2M+ viewers every year it's been on ABC and it's not like it's big names playing in that when it's North Carolina A&T vs Alcorn St.
    People tune in to see the bands...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The Walt Disney Company owns both ABC and ESPN. Just a switch of channels.

533 In a row

It'll probably be the same level of production and same caliber of production talent as well. The on-screen graphics will even still say ESPN. But it'll be a huge boost in viewership regardless.

As an added bonus, getting it off of ESPN2 means that the game won't have to be joined in progress because they have to broadcast the conclusion of a lame blowout college basketball game or wrestling match that isn't even competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachFSCB View Post
    As an added bonus, getting it off of ESPN2 means that the game won't have to be joined in progress because they have to broadcast the conclusion of a lame blowout college basketball game or wrestling match that isn't even competitive.
    Well, that's also the benefit of it being an 11AM kickoff... no live event beforehand to bleed over.