Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I noticed yesterday the Celebration Bowl (broadcast on ABC) was also streaming on ESPN3... I would assume they do the same for the FCS championship... and will have the replay available on espn.com
    I just checked out espn.com and I'm not seeing any replays of anything on there. How do you find them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    I just checked out espn.com and I'm not seeing any replays of anything on there. How do you find them?
    Is there like a band category along with football, basketball, etc? It'll probably be in there.

Seriously, I found it. Jay Walkers there so proceed at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Is there like a band category along with football, basketball, etc? It'll probably be in there.

Seriously, I found it. Jay Walkers there so proceed at your own risk.
    on the espn site go to the watch portion and search... by searching FCS i found all the FCS playoff games, Search "Celebration" an that game comes up (along with video of trophy presentation)

watch 1.JPG

watch 2.jpg

I'd also expect that the title game will be uploaded commercial free to Wally The Bronco Too's (don't ask me what the name means) YouTube channel by the afternoon of Sunday 1/12.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd also expect that the title game will be uploaded commercial free to Wally The Bronco Too's (don't ask me what the name means) YouTube channel by the afternoon of Sunday 1/12.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fcs-pla...10--ncaaf.html

Interested numbers and a bit embarrassing for as good of a product as it can be to watch! However, "The numbers are who they say they are".

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post

Interested numbers and a bit embarrassing for as good of a product as it can be to watch! However, "The numbers are who they say they are".
    Meh. Attendance is still better than some highest level college sports.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post

Yeah, disappointing especially considering the schools hosting the majority of the playoff games were top 10 in the FCS types in the regular season. It will still top last year though in total attendance throughout the playoffs.

However, one thing to keep in mind is when it comes to the playoffs there is no number fudging... they count actual butts when they report attendance in seats unlike the regular season and the bowls.

Case in point... this was the Frisco Bowl crowd mid-game:

Announced attendance was 12,120.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any indication the game will be streamed? ESPN+? I looked at the ABC app on my phone and the livestreams are restricted to certain markets, Fargo not being one of those markets.

Will be the first time I'm not at the game, and I won't be near a TV, so looking at my options...
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Any indication the game will be streamed? ESPN+? I looked at the ABC app on my phone and the livestreams are restricted to certain markets, Fargo not being one of those markets.

Will be the first time I'm not at the game, and I won't be near a TV, so looking at my options...
    If you already subscribe to a streaming service that includes local channels (i.e. Hulu Plus, YouTube TV, Sling) you'll be able to watch it there on your phone. I've never had to look at ESPN+ for ABC broadcasts since we have Hulu Plus, but they may be available there.

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post

Good question. Maybe test it out this Saturday when Notre Dame and Iowa St play in the Camping World Bowl? That's an 11AM CT kickoff on ABC as well.

I would think that you could stream those games on the ESPN app but not sure.