Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by GOB1SON View Post
    Any indication the game will be streamed? ESPN+? I looked at the ABC app on my phone and the livestreams are restricted to certain markets, Fargo not being one of those markets.

Will be the first time I'm not at the game, and I won't be near a TV, so looking at my options...
    YouTubeTV used to have a free trail that would get live streaming of local networks. I used that for Deliwear game.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Semifinals (28,564)

at North Dakota State 42, Montana State 14: 18,077

at James Madison 30, Weber State 14: 10,487
    Some skepticism on these number. NDSU seemed to be more than 18k, granted there were scattered blues seats throughout, but didn't seem like that many. Watched the Weber-JUM game and estimated 12k at the time. not too far off. Doesn't Bridgeworth hold like 30k or something?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Some skepticism on these number. NDSU seemed to be more than 18k, granted there were scattered blues seats throughout, but didn't seem like that many. Watched the Weber-JUM game and estimated 12k at the time. not too far off. Doesn't Bridgeworth hold like 30k or something?!
    There were a lot of empty seats above the bands and MSU band spread out quite a bit so it looked like they were filling more seats then they actually were. I'd say the 18000 some was pretty accurate.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    YouTubeTV used to have a free trail that would get live streaming of local networks. I used that for Deliwear game.
    Deli-wear? Isn't that something you wear out to lunch? (I'm not the spelling police on this site but I could not let that one go)

The playoff attendance figures are paid attendance just like the rest of the year. The difference is that people buy regular season tickets far ahead of time and then sometimes don't use them. This goes doubly true for season ticket holders. But with playoff tickets, you almost certainly only buy the ticket if you plan to use it. The end result is that a much higher percentage of playoff tickets are actually used compared to in the regular season.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I meant to quote Prof Chaos in that last post. Not used to replying on a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    The playoff attendance figures are paid attendance just like the rest of the year. The difference is that people buy regular season tickets far ahead of time and then sometimes don't use them. This goes doubly true for season ticket holders. But with playoff tickets, you almost certainly only buy the ticket if you plan to use it. The end result is that a much higher percentage of playoff tickets are actually used compared to in the regular season.

I'm sure that is the case about a higher percentage of tickets being used in the playoffs but I don't buy that it's 100%. Reported attendance plus the band still doesn't add up unless the band(s) take up a lot more seats than I think. The highest playoff attendance they've ever had was 18,694 in the 2013 semis against UNH and I'm sure that was a sellout of standing room as well. Typically announced attendance in the playoffs for sold out games have been between 18,000 and 18,300. Unless the band is taking about 400+ seats (or 600+ last week with two bands) I don't think they're reporting tickets sold. It's close but I think it's pretty reasonable that 200-300 tickets are bought but unused in these playoffs sellouts and that's the difference. In the grand scheme of things that's only about 1.5% of all the tickets sold which I'm sure is a much much lower percentage of unused tickets than a typical regular season game especially towards the end of the year this year.

Or maybe there's some other tickets/seats that don't count towards attendance but if it's all just the bands it doesn't add up to reported attendance equaling tickets sold.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    Deli-wear? Isn't that something you wear out to lunch? (I'm not the spelling police on this site but I could not let that one go)
    Sorry I meant Delawhere.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Sorry I meant Delawhere.
    But Delawhy?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    But Delawhy?
    Delawhocares