Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    True.

But casual sports fans are much more likely to find a game on ABC than espn than ESPN2.

There are many folks who don't have anything but ota (but also folks who don't have ota channels).

How many folks would rather watch college football versus sewing with nancy?
    OK. I’ll volunteer to ask the obvious: what does Nancy look like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

https://www.pbs.org/show/sewing-nancy/

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    OK. I’ll volunteer to ask the obvious: what does Nancy look like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

Izzo is tracking it down with Sam herder that there may not be any Friday night lights for semifinals.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...050151424?s=09

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I can't put into words how upset I am.

Maybe it will be on the big boy ESPN!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Maybe it will be on the big boy ESPN!!
    Doubtful... that's the first day of bowl season so I'm sure the GoDaddy.com Pizza Ranch Bowl (or something like that) will be on ESPN. That's why it's weird they would move away from the Friday night semi since that was the only football game on television that day and Saturday had plenty of competition.

Maybe ESPN and NCAA came to some compromise where the semis took a worse TV spot in return for the championship moving to ABC? Or maybe Dom is right and there's just a miscommunication at the NCAA. Hopefully the championship manual that Dom referenced that still shows the semis on two days is right rather than this site that Sam Herder was referencing.

EDIT: Herder confirmed with the NCAA that the web site he was talking about was right and both semis are on Saturday. The first will be at 1PM on ESPN2 and the 2nd will be at 5:30PM on ESPNU: https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/sta...54128485707776

*sigh*
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 11-07-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Doubtful... that's the first day of bowl season so I'm sure the GoDaddy.com Pizza Ranch Bowl (or something like that) will be on ESPN. That's why it's weird they would move away from the Friday night semi since that was the only football game on television that day and Saturday had plenty of competition.

Maybe ESPN and NCAA came to some compromise where the semis took a worse TV spot in return for the championship moving to ABC? Or maybe Dom is right and there's just a miscommunication at the NCAA. Hopefully the championship manual that Dom referenced that still shows the semis on two days is right rather than this site that Sam Herder was referencing.

EDIT: Herder confirmed with the NCAA that the web site he was talking about was right and both semis are on Saturday. The first will be at 1PM on ESPN2 and the 2nd will be at 5:30PM on ESPNU: https://twitter.com/SamHerderFCS/sta...54128485707776

*sigh*
    Its hard to put into words my profound disappointment. Still hoping there is an error in this; nothing better than the Friday night lights semi-final.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Its hard to put into words my profound disappointment. Still hoping there is an error in this; nothing better than the Friday night lights semi-final.
    Word is that the Frisco Bowl is schedule for semi-final Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Word is that the Frisco Bowl is schedule for semi-final Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, just looked it up and it scheduled for Friday 12/20 at 6:30PM on ESPN2. I thought bowl games didn't start until the Saturday of the semifinals but they're starting a day earlier this year. Looks like the Bahamas Bowl is also scheduled for Friday afternoon on 12/20 and that'll be the first bowl game with the Frisco Bowl being the second.

6 bowl games on Saturday 12/21. Tripleheader on ESPN, doubleheader on ABC, and one on CBS Sports Net.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...s-tv-channels/

Suck. So the early game is on the deuce and the semi night game is on an even worse channel?? And 5:30?? I guess I never had any delusions that the schools had any say in this but it is disappointing.