Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Has anybody sat in the end zone at Toyota Stadium in section 117? Has anybody’s view been blocked by those huge silver poles or the field goal post? Planning on buying seats in that spot. Just curious if anybody was aware of this being a possibility? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Kirk Herbstreit calls Ohio State games all the time.
    Fair enough point. Although Kirk does every marquee ABC game and is a highly-valued asset to ESPN. Anish is the best FCS announcer but that probably doesn't matter to ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonFan1112 View Post
    Has anybody sat in the end zone at Toyota Stadium in section 117? Has anybody’s view been blocked by those huge silver poles or the field goal post? Planning on buying seats in that spot. Just curious if anybody was aware of this being a possibility? Thanks.
    Shouldn't be a problem. Haven't been since the remodel but never had an issue sitting in the end zone.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    And I bet IndyBison would be professional enough to ref one of our games, but the NCAA wouldn't let it happen.

It doesn't matter that Anish would be professional and not a fan, it matters that ESPN wouldn't let a potential conflict of interest happen.
    Likely wouldn't be allowed if I worked at that level. The perception of an official impacting the outcome of a game is a legitimate concern regardless of how unlikely it would actually be. That's why it's best to avoid the possible perception. Announcers have no impact on the game itself so there is a lower threshold.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ABC should start pimping this game now. Create a huge TV buzz and get more eyeballs watching the game on the 11th. Not one mention of the game during the Disney parade yesterday. WTF..
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    ABC should start pimping this game now. Create a huge TV buzz and get more eyeballs watching the game on the 11th. Not one mention of the game during the Disney parade yesterday. WTF..
    I wish it wasnt true, but virtually no one cares about this game outside of the people who already know its happening.. :/
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I wish it wasnt true, but virtually no one cares about this game outside of the people who already know its happening.. :/
    CFB football junkies will be watching along with other fans bases in FCS that want to see Bison lose. They will tune in and be disappointed again.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

It's all relative. FCS playoffs, and NDSU games specifically, have tended to draw more eyeballs than other live sports events on the same networks they've been on. That quarterfinal against ISUr was the most watched programming on ESPN that day other than the Heisman presentation (mainly major college basketball). Last Saturday the Montana St quarterfinal drew more eyeballs than everything on ESPN2 that day outside of one college basketball game.

I think it would be interesting if the NCAA bid out the media rights for just the FCS playoffs rather than including it in a package with 23 other NCAA championships (which ESPN pays the NCAA more than $40M annually for). I think it would draw a bigger chunk of change than most people would think and whoever won the bid would probably be more invested in promoting the FCS Playoffs specifically to get that return on investment.

For some reason, I thought that after the birth of Anish's child, he tried to do more regional stuff (lacrosse or whatever) so he could spend more time at home. I'm probably wrong (as usual) though...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Then why would they put it on ABC? If ESPN (Disney) is going to put it on FREE NATIONAL TV then there must be a monetary reason.