Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    How many bars have smart TVs? Not many I suspect and even fewer actually hooked to the internet.

I was at a bar a few weeks ago that linked its TVs to a laptop that was streaming a game not being broadcasted. Apparently they were also using the device for other purposes at the time and every once in a while, something would pop up from the desktop. Nothing bad, but we kept hoping something more interesting than the game would pop up.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Here is what we have learned from this conversation:

Bars to not have access to:

and have never heard of:

Or a 100 other devices cheaper and more functional than a laptop and a 1000 x's more logical than College Extra.

The logistics required to make that many tv's work on streaming is absurd.

Bar has 60 TVs

Need bandwidth to run them all - possible
    Sign in to each individual TV - pain in the ass but possible
    ESPN+ has a hard limit of 3 streams, 20 subscriptions?

Your home system isn't so easily extrapolated to large facility.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

While that's true, I'd bet dollars to donuts that ESPN+ or whatever have business accounts, you would just need to reach out to their sales departments directly. I strongly doubt they don't have a solution they can sell you.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    While that's true, I'd bet dollars to donuts that ESPN+ or whatever have business accounts, you would just need to reach out to their sales departments directly. I strongly doubt they don't have a solution they can sell you.
    There was a ton of talk when MMA started moving there and there wasn't at that time any commercial use of ESPN+ I doubt FCS college football moves that needle.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTech View Post
    Exactly; can't tell me there is not a way they would not sell a commercial plan. (I had thought of that issue.) And with gig internet, bandwidth is NOT an issue (say 4 mgs for perfect signal X 60 TVs, not even close to a gig). And, these devices are cheap......and you may not even need them on every TV!

AND even P5 conference teams are moving to ESPN+; K st football and basketball were on there.

I just read that all games ARE on College Extra (I know the first round is).

Like I said, I know the bar I go to does not carry College Extra...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

Is that on the 600 or 700 on Direct TV??
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Is that on the 600 or 700 on Direct TV??
    788-793...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post

Which any bar that doesnt have the sports pak isnt focusing on sports...

My buddy owns a bar and he has DTV commercial with Sports pak, covered for virtually any game on any network, he said getting the sport plus isnt all that more expensive. Then again his bar is in an area with interest in FCS games so it brings people in
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant