Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Nice that the Friday night semifinal got bumped to Saturday in favor of the 38th (out of 40) most entertaining bowl game.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...t-entertaining

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Nice that the Friday night semifinal got bumped to Saturday in favor of the 38th (out of 40) most entertaining bowl game.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...t-entertaining
    Nothing screams "TRADITION!" like bowl game names that sound like they were formed by randomly reading NASCAR hoods. I mean, when the Outback Bowl sounds classy, then you know that maybe, just maybe, the bowl game system has jumped the shark. At least the Rose Bowl went with "presented by" at the end.

Hopefully, the entire bowl game system goes away - big-time college football should be run by the NCAA or it should go pro and just be "college-branded."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Nothing screams "TRADITION!" like bowl game names that sound like they were formed by randomly reading NASCAR hoods. I mean, when the Outback Bowl sounds classy, then you know that maybe, just maybe, the bowl game system has jumped the shark. At least the Rose Bowl went with "presented by" at the end.

Hopefully, the entire bowl game system goes away - big-time college football should be run by the NCAA or it should go pro and just be "college-branded."
    You get a coupon for a free Blooming Onion in your swag bag.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does ABC have replays on ESPN+? Asking for someone who has to work that Saturday and cannot watch the game live.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    Does ABC have replays on ESPN+? Asking for someone who has to work that Saturday and cannot watch the game live.
    No DVR? (ten char)
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Oh shit. Never thought of this.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    No DVR? (ten char)
    No....

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Oh shit. Never thought of this.
    See I was asking for you.

I gotta come up with something fast. I might have to buy a dvr just for this purpose...what are they going for these days?

No....

See I was asking for you.

I gotta come up with something fast. I might have to buy a dvr just for this purpose...what are they going for these days?
    If I remember correctly, they typically replay the game the same night very late on one of the ESPN channels.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I noticed yesterday the Celebration Bowl (broadcast on ABC) was also streaming on ESPN3... I would assume they do the same for the FCS championship... and will have the replay available on espn.com

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I noticed yesterday the Celebration Bowl (broadcast on ABC) was also streaming on ESPN3... I would assume they do the same for the FCS championship... and will have the replay available on espn.com
    OMG thank you. I can get some sleep now.