Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

Default Re: 2020 FCS Championship game on ABC

I know someone else suggested it, but this smells like a deal was made to get the title game on ABC......

Not sure if this was mentioned but aside from the game being on ABC this year; they are also eliminating the Friday night playoff games....and having an evening game on Saturday playing on ESPNU. Seems like a downgrade for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Not sure if this was mentioned but aside from the game being on ABC this year; they are also eliminating the Friday night playoff games....and having an evening game on Saturday playing on ESPNU. Seems like a downgrade for sure.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cue Chapo in 3-2-1...

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Suck. So the early game is on the deuce and the semi night game is on an even worse channel?? And 5:30?? I guess I never had any delusions that the schools had any say in this but it is disappointing.
    5:30PM on Saturday night is actually a lot a better TV slot than 7PM on Friday night. But the Friday night game was on ESPN2 whereas this Saturday night game will be on ESPNU so that's a big hit to viewership... Friday night on the deuce was the better option as a fan and for better ratings. Seeing as how ESPN has made a habit out of giving the Bison the best TV slot for the quarters and semis over the last 6 years before this I'd suspect that, as long as they're still playing, it'll be NDSU vs whoever as the first semi with the 1PM kickoff on ESPN2 on Saturday 12/21.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    5:30PM on Saturday night is actually a lot a better TV slot than 7PM on Friday night. But the Friday night game was on ESPN2 whereas this Saturday night game will be on ESPNU so that's a big hit to viewership... Friday night on the deuce was the better option as a fan and for better ratings. Seeing as how ESPN has made a habit out of giving the Bison the best TV slot for the quarters and semis over the last 6 years before this I'd suspect that, as long as they're still playing, it'll be NDSU vs whoever as the first semi with the 1PM kickoff on ESPN2 on Saturday 12/21.
    Yeah so no night game in the playoffs. There is just something about tailgating and going to a night playoff game that is second to none. Not to mention the anticipation of when the dome audio guy is going to play "Thank God I'm a Country boy"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Friday night quarterfinal is still the same. The site that started the speculation of both Saturday games being on Saturday still lists December 13th or 14th as the quarterfinal dates: https://www.ncaa.com/championships/f...e-championship

But yes, I agree it's a downgrade moving semifinal #2 to ESPNU.

Yeah so no night game in the playoffs. There is just something about tailgating and going to a night playoff game that is second to none.
    Could not have possibly stated it better.

Will definitely miss the Friday night semi-final. Hopefully this is just a one year glitch. It’s always the best tailgate of the year - everyone a little tuned up with a few glasses of Christmas cheer, the usual return of “Georgia Southern loud” fans, and the whole place jumpin when Alabama’s “If You’re Gonna Play in Texas” is played in the 2nd half signifying another southern migration of Bison back to Frisco. It’s practically a holiday tradition!

Yeah so no night game in the playoffs. There is just something about tailgating and going to a night playoff game that is second to none. Not to mention the anticipation of when the dome audio guy is going to play "Thank God I'm a Country boy"
    Couldn't this be done with the second Saturday game too. Although it won't be "night" by the time the game starts at 4:30 PM, it will be fairly dark.
    Hail the BISON!!!