Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Verbal: Nathan Goldade

Default Re: 2020 Verbal: Nathan Goldade

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I've heard gold-aide, not saying that's correct though.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    Had a Goldade in my class at Mandan High which is probably where I heard the name pronounced "goal-daddy".. but I've heard different pronunciations for familiar Morton County names in the Red River Valley. Example: Like Tyler Roehl would be Tyler "Rail" in Mandan... just liike "Boehm" is "baim".

Kind of like Bison vs Bizon.... just depends where you are from.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I grew up in south central ND and had some good friends with the last name Goldade and they pronounce it with only one D, goal-daddy.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    I grew up in south central ND and had some good friends with the last name Goldade and they pronounce it with only one D, goal-daddy.
    That's how my Jamestown relatives said it.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yeah, it was only one "d" in the middle - I just mis-typed it the first time. Possibly because I was thinking, "Man, if I had to come up with a pimp name, it'd be Fitzgibbon Gold-Daddy."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

It was pronounced that way around Harvey. Warning thread drift. I've never gotten over the nd state wrestling tournament where the announcer called a Laducer pronounced lah duh cer from Belcourt la deuce er. Not just once but for three days that poor kid was a la deuce er. I still think of it every time I see the Laducer name.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    It was pronounced that way around Harvey. Warning thread drift. I've never gotten over the nd state wrestling tournament where the announcer called a Laducer pronounced lah duh cer from Belcourt la deuce er. Not just once but for three days that poor kid was a la deuce er. I still think of it every time I see the Laducer name.
    Haha! This thread has been adrift for a long time. Being from where you are, how would you pronounce "Boucher?"

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Haha! This thread has been adrift for a long time. Being from where you are, how would you pronounce "Boucher?"
    This isn't meant as political but that name gets pronounced different once you get elected. I know 3 families that all say it different. One even has a bisonville account.

Lardsin must go!

Not sure why he didn't sign on the early signing day (maybe holding out to see if he'd get any scholly offers since I think he's a PWO here) but Goldade made it official today: https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/sta...61851760861184

Listed as a RB.