Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Yeah, cradled at the end of the first for 4 points, and couldn't finish anything on Pickell. Someone will be getting a good one with Pickell. I could see him at UNI.

NDSU should have a full court press on Simley junior Quayin Short.

Sell him on how you turned another medium profile, similar weight Simley recruit into an AA (Julson). The Gophers are the first team mentioned with him, but their top 2020 commit is at the same weight and has been a beast. If Short profiles as a 197, he may fit MN if they project Tabor as Gable's replacement.

Even if Short outgrows 184 and settles at 197, NDSU could always try to bulk Nelson up to a 230-240 pound HWT and roll with Short at 197. When Short is a rFr, Nelson will be a rSo and Metz will be gone.

I'm super high on the Tanefeu's, but with Negrete coming in 2021 and Henningson in 2020, they'd be a luxury and a bit redundant. Short would be my #1 target, as he would fill a massive need and I project him as an All American.
    Short is a legacy Wrestler at Minnesota (I believe four Shorts have wrestled for the Gophers). I don’t see him going anywhere else. Shorts uncle did the AA matches on Track Wrestling and said that Quayin has the frame to add the weight needed to wrestle 197. He also said Tabor was wrestling at 202 pounds, his dad is huge and they expect him to add 25-30 pounds as a HWT at Minnesota.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Short is a legacy Wrestler at Minnesota (I believe four Shorts have wrestled for the Gophers). I don’t see him going anywhere else. Shorts uncle did the AA matches on Track Wrestling and said that Quayin has the frame to add the weight needed to wrestle 197. He also said Tabor was wrestling at 202 pounds, his dad is huge and they expect him to add 25-30 pounds as a HWT at Minnesota.
    The Short family has been a pretty great wrestling family for the State of Minnesota, and I'm pretty sure any type of offer from the Gophers will guarantee he goes there.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Maybe it’s been covered on here and I missed it but why is Corey Gamet no longer on the roster?
    Ty Moser 197 freshman from Perham, Mn is no longer on the roster either.

Makes me think Nelson is staying 197

Quote Originally Posted by larson311 View Post
    Makes me think Nelson is staying 197
    Earliest he would move up would be his Jr year unless there was an injury to Metz

True

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A poster on the Guillotine said NDSU received a commitment from Dominik Vacura. Vacura is a MN state champ at 220 from Greenbush and is a class of 2021 HWT prospect.

He was ranked very high in multiple national rankings earlier in the year, but has dropped out of the top 100 lists.

If true, I'm happy with the signing. If they have the national tournaments in Fargo this summer, he'll be one to watch and could see his stock rise quite a bit.

I don't know how much more room he has to add muscle, but he'll be an athletic option at HWT after Metz graduates.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    A poster on the Guillotine said NDSU received a commitment from Dominik Vacura. Vacura is a MN state champ at 220 from Greenbush and is a class of 2021 HWT prospect.

He was ranked very high in multiple national rankings earlier in the year, but has dropped out of the top 100 lists.

If true, I'm happy with the signing. If they have the national tournaments in Fargo this summer, he'll be one to watch and could see his stock rise quite a bit.

I don't know how much more room he has to add muscle, but he'll be an athletic option at HWT after Metz graduates.
    Gotta love kids from Greenbush! One of my best friends and former teammate, Wayne Mooney (along with his younger brother, Gabe), is from there. Small community, but very hard working individuals.
    Hail the BISON!!!

NDSU apparently offered Oklahoma HS HWT Whit Azlin. Looks like his only other D1 offer was Presbyterian, with Campbell showing interest prior to the coaching change at least. Interestingly, MSU-Moorhead offered him last week too. Appears to have a lot more non-D1 offers than D1, but Oklahoma HWTs are right up Coach Marsden's alley. If anyone knows who is who among them, it's him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk