Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

Carlos Negrete Jr has reached the Quarterfinals of the Calif state Tournament at 120 pounds
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Petersen with an 8-2 decision in his second round match

Henningson with a TF to win his second match

Negrete dropped a close match in the quarters. He has a tough path to get to the third place match.

Petersen and Henningson both advance to their MN state final matches later today, where they will both be underdogs. Trackwrestling lets you watch the matches for free live.

Henningson and Paxton Creese should be a good one. Creese is a SCSU signee, but is a borderline top 100 recruit with great national level results. Creese is a national Greco champ and a 2 time Freestyle AA. Creese won the state title last year by beating Henningson 6-5 by securing a takedown in the final 30 seconds.

Petersen is the #1 seed and will have Charlie Pickell. Pickell has been in and out of top 100 rankings and has been on fire so far. I haven't been very impressed with Petersen thus far, but a win here would be impressive.

March is in the SD state finals later today too.

Negrete injury defaulted out and is done.

Petersen has a little brother I assume, who is also in the finals at 120. He looks like he will be better than his brother and is a sophomore.

March won in the finals 6 to 3 to win state in SD. Henningson beat Crease 6 to 4 to win State.
    Last edited by harleycowboy; 03-01-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Henningson avenges his loss in last year's state title match and beats Creese 6-4. Really good match and I was really impressed with him the last two days.

He has good length, a solid single leg, and was really physical and solid on top.

He could be a pretty decent under the radar get for NDSU.

Petersen got beat 7 to 3 so took 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by harleycowboy View Post
    Petersen got beat 7 to 3 so took 2nd.
    Yeah, cradled at the end of the first for 4 points, and couldn't finish anything on Pickell. Someone will be getting a good one with Pickell. I could see him at UNI.

NDSU should have a full court press on Simley junior Quayin Short.

Sell him on how you turned another medium profile, similar weight Simley recruit into an AA (Julson). The Gophers are the first team mentioned with him, but their top 2020 commit is at the same weight and has been a beast. If Short profiles as a 197, he may fit MN if they project Tabor as Gable's replacement.

Even if Short outgrows 184 and settles at 197, NDSU could always try to bulk Nelson up to a 230-240 pound HWT and roll with Short at 197. When Short is a rFr, Nelson will be a rSo and Metz will be gone.

I'm super high on the Tanefeu's, but with Negrete coming in 2021 and Henningson in 2020, they'd be a luxury and a bit redundant. Short would be my #1 target, as he would fill a massive need and I project him as an All American.