Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

Default Re: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    According to NDSU wrestling Twitter account Weber is coming back. He's been so much fun to watch, happy we get another year from him
    That's awesome!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just saw the news about Luke!

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    NDSU doesn't look like they have a long term answer at 149 or 165, so those would be the areas I'd focus on in the portal. Van Maanen is ok, but hasn't put it together. Brenner is fine at 165, and I think he can be a qualifier with more chances. If Brenner is at 165, then 174 is a minor concern. Habisch had a nice win over Cade King, but he needs some work. We also really struggled at 125 this year, and there is no guarantee Midkiff returns to form or that Negrete gets his redshirt pulled.

My favorite potential targets in the transfer portal:
    149-
    E'Lan Heard, Illinois. Was a class of 2020 recruit and ranked in the top 150. Offers the potential for a long term answer.
    Jarod Verkleeren, Pen State. Has at least 2 years remaining if he wants it. He is a former world champion and has wins over AA Yahya Thomas, AA John Millner, and a bunch of other solid options.
    Kizhan Clarke, American. Potential All American with one year left.
    Jaden Abas, Stanford. All American this year with 3-4 years of eligibility depending on what he wants.
    Adam Busiello, Arizona State/Penn State. Former top 10 overall recruit who is on the move again.
    Luke Karam, Lehigh. Potentially 2 years left for the former national qualifier.
    Gabe Tagg, North Carolina. A 141, but that could allow Droegemueller could move to 149 and get stronger.
    Kyle Parco, Fresno State. The 2021 All American did commit to Utah Valley, but Utah Valley also has Hunsaker. Others are trying to get Parco now, and I'd watch out for Wisconsin.

165-
    National Champion Shane Griffith. Michigan is the rumor but I would watch Rutgers too. Penn State has 1 hole too...and it's 165.
    Baylor Fernandes, Minnesota. My top target for NDSU. Would have 4 years left, and he's really solid. He beat Cade Devos and Weber his true freshman year and held Franek to a 2-1 decision.

174-
    Jared Krattiger, Wisconsin. He's towards the top of my list too. He has 3 years left if he wants and was in the top 20 this year.

125-
    Anthony Molton, Fresno State. He struggled this year, but did beat Midkiff. He'd have 4 years left if he wants it and wouldn't be a high end option, but he'd be a long term option with talent.
    Chris Barnabe, Lehigh. Top 150 recruit in the 2020 class.

133-
    Haiden Drury, Fresno State. Should've been an NCAA qualifier as a true freshman this year. He beat March twice this year and also beat Moscha Schwartz. If they could get him, he and March would both have a redshirt available. Plus, one could wrestle 141 and Droegemueller could bulk up to 149. I'd love to add him.
    Will Betancourt, Lock Haven. Top 100 recruit in the 2020 class who didn't wrestle this year.

184-
    Devin Winston, SIUE. Former top 25 Gopher recruit is a high end talent. Would love to see what Coach Kish could do with a high end talent in the upper weights like this.

Overall, my top 5 realistic wish list:
    1. Baylor Fernandes 165
    2. Haiden Drury 133
    3. Jared Krattiger 174
    4. Jarod Verlkleeren 149 (He'd be #2 on my list if I thought it was more feasible)
    5. E'Lan Heard 149
    According to Flo wrestling via Ben Askren, Krattinger has narrowed his interest list down to Minnesota, UT Chattanooga, Central Michigan and Pitt
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Mitch Petersen is transferring to Rochester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by larson311 View Post
    Mitch Petersen is transferring to Rochester

Any idea if it’s school related or purely wrestling related. I thought he had potential to fill a lineup spot in the future

I’m not sure, but one would think School related if going to a juco school.

Fresno State All American Kyle Parco, who had been committed to Utah Valley, opts to instead transfer to Arizona State

Waiting for official confirmation but it looks like former gopher Baylor Fernandez is going to end up at Northern Colorado. Would have liked to have seen him come here but with Weber coming back it’s less impactful.

NDSU added PJ Velazquez out of Chaska to the 2021 class. 2x state placer and 4x state qualifier for Chaska and projects at 149.

Man, Luka Wick to....Cal Poly. Did not see that coming.

https://twitter.com/ch3fwilk/status/1382861955916914690