Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

Default Re: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

There was a new event yesterday, 2020 Minnesota's #1, that showcased a bunch of Minnesota's top 21 and 22 recruits. MN has a couple of great classes coming up and NDSU had a couple targets competing.

2022 NDSU target Payton Handevidt took on 2021 SDSU commit Cael Swensen and had no answers for Swensen’s offense and pace.
    2021 125 recruit Blake West looked great in beating Tyler Wells, who is a future D1 star. With Negrete coming in, I doubt he's a possibility for NDSU.
    2021 NDSU HWT commit Dominik Vacura lost to 2021 MN HWT recruit Bennett Tabor. Vacura looked great early, hitting a nice headlock that was just off the edge and showing some quick leg attacks. Tabor was in far better shape and that was the big difference. Vacura has all of the tools, just needs to work on refinement. Coming from Northern MN, he likely doesn't have access to extensive D1 talent that should further his development like he will at NDSU.
    2022 target, Max Peterson, was incredible. His brother Mitchell will be a true freshman for NDSU this year and NDSU needs to get Max too.
    2022 target, Chase DeBlaere, got beat handily by 21 SDSU commit Derrick Cardinal. I'm still impressed with DeBlaere and along with Peterson, are the two main MN guys I want NDSU to get for the 2022 class.
    Uncommitted 2021 recruit Quayin Short looked really good in beating Max McEnally. I know he has huge, deep ties to MN, but man he would be a great get for NDSU.
    Gavin Layton looked great, but with Vacura and other bigs already in the 21 class, I doubt he's an option.
    Hunter Lyden and Landen Johnson looked solid too, although far from mid-season form.
    Last edited by Big Bird; 08-30-2020 at 06:39 PM.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Updated roster is now available. Looks like Ryan Ripplinger is no longer with the team
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

NDSU gets the #66 ranked wrestler in the class of 2021, with Alex Ramirez committing to NDSU.

He's a California state champion and ranked #10 overall at 145 by Rokfin.

Hopefully they can top the 2021 class off with Luka Wick out of California. With #66 Ramirez and #44 Carlos Negrete both already committed, #26 Luka Wick would give them a a third big time California recruit and a possible top 10 class.

https://twitter.com/calUSAwrestling/...44066644295680

2021 Targets, and the top in state wrestlers, Wilfried and Chritian Tanefeu of Bismarck, have committed to Michigan. Both are national champions and have only been wrestling for a handful of years.

The sky is the limit for these two, but they are significantly behind Negrete and a few other top lightweight recruits, IMO. With the right development, they have All American and National Champion potential, they just need the right environment and coaching to coax the next steps forward.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bummer. Oh well, good luck to them, they do have serious potential.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Updated roster is now available. Looks like Ryan Ripplinger is no longer with the team
    Correction: Must have been an error leaving him off as Ryan is now on the roster. Good to see.

NCAA recruiting dead period has been extended to Jan 1st. No in person visits allowed, but phone calls and correspondence are still allowed.

Having a large, good class already committed seems pretty important right now. Kudos to the NDSU staff.

Hopefully they can get Luka Wick to join the other two big time California recruits and Korbin Shepherd out of Missouri and lock up a top 5-10 class.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    There was a new event yesterday, 2020 Minnesota's #1, that showcased a bunch of Minnesota's top 21 and 22 recruits. MN has a couple of great classes coming up and NDSU had a couple targets competing.

2022 NDSU target Payton Handevidt took on 2021 SDSU commit Cael Swensen and had no answers for Swensen’s offense and pace.
    2021 125 recruit Blake West looked great in beating Tyler Wells, who is a future D1 star. With Negrete coming in, I doubt he's a possibility for NDSU.
    2021 NDSU HWT commit Dominik Vacura lost to 2021 MN HWT recruit Bennett Tabor. Vacura looked great early, hitting a nice headlock that was just off the edge and showing some quick leg attacks. Tabor was in far better shape and that was the big difference. Vacura has all of the tools, just needs to work on refinement. Coming from Northern MN, he likely doesn't have access to extensive D1 talent that should further his development like he will at NDSU.
    2022 target, Max Peterson, was incredible. His brother Mitchell will be a true freshman for NDSU this year and NDSU needs to get Max too.
    2022 target, Chase DeBlaere, got beat handily by 21 SDSU commit Derrick Cardinal. I'm still impressed with DeBlaere and along with Peterson, are the two main MN guys I want NDSU to get for the 2022 class.
    Uncommitted 2021 recruit Quayin Short looked really good in beating Max McEnally. I know he has huge, deep ties to MN, but man he would be a great get for NDSU
    Gavin Layton looked great, but with Vacura and other bigs already in the 21 class, I doubt he's an option.
    Hunter Lyden and Landen Johnson looked solid too, although far from mid-season form.
    DeBlaere to Oregon St

2021 target Korbin Shepherd has elected to stay home and attend Mizzou. Top 75-150 kid who would've been a good get.

Luka Wick out of CA is the last big time recruit that I'm tracking NDSU in on for 2021. He is likely to announce his choice before Nov 11 without taking official visits. Bright side for NDSU, is he has been on campus before for nationals in the summer.

Cael Berg from Simley also has some top 100 steam and some NDSU interest.

Outside of those guys, Cael Rahnavardi is a kid out of Iowa just outside of most top 150 rankings that is a NDSU target.

There are other lower tiered guys NDSU has interest in, but could be later commits like Max Sailor, Caden DeWall, and Cayden Dotson

Berg to Harvard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk