Thread: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

Threaded View

Default Re: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

There was a new event yesterday, 2020 Minnesota's #1, that showcased a bunch of Minnesota's top 21 and 22 recruits. MN has a couple of great classes coming up and NDSU had a couple targets competing.

2022 NDSU target Payton Handevidt took on 2021 SDSU commit Cael Swensen and had no answers for Swensen’s offense and pace.
    2021 125 recruit Blake West looked great in beating Tyler Wells, who is a future D1 star. With Negrete coming in, I doubt he's a possibility for NDSU.
    2021 NDSU HWT commit Dominik Vacura lost to 2021 MN HWT recruit Bennett Tabor. Vacura looked great early, hitting a nice headlock that was just off the edge and showing some quick leg attacks. Tabor was in far better shape and that was the big difference. Vacura has all of the tools, just needs to work on refinement. Coming from Northern MN, he likely doesn't have access to extensive D1 talent that should further his development like he will at NDSU.
    2022 target, Max Peterson, was incredible. His brother Mitchell will be a true freshman for NDSU this year and NDSU needs to get Max too.
    2022 target, Chase DeBlaere, got beat handily by 21 SDSU commit Derrick Cardinal. I'm still impressed with DeBlaere and along with Peterson, are the two main MN guys I want NDSU to get for the 2022 class.
    Uncommitted 2021 recruit Quayin Short looked really good in beating Max McEnally. I know he has huge, deep ties to MN, but man he would be a great get for NDSU.
    Gavin Layton looked great, but with Vacura and other bigs already in the 21 class, I doubt he's an option.
    Hunter Lyden and Landen Johnson looked solid too, although far from mid-season form.
    Last edited by Big Bird; 08-30-2020 at 06:39 PM.