Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
Yeah, cradled at the end of the first for 4 points, and couldn't finish anything on Pickell. Someone will be getting a good one with Pickell. I could see him at UNI.

NDSU should have a full court press on Simley junior Quayin Short.

Sell him on how you turned another medium profile, similar weight Simley recruit into an AA (Julson). The Gophers are the first team mentioned with him, but their top 2020 commit is at the same weight and has been a beast. If Short profiles as a 197, he may fit MN if they project Tabor as Gable's replacement.

Even if Short outgrows 184 and settles at 197, NDSU could always try to bulk Nelson up to a 230-240 pound HWT and roll with Short at 197. When Short is a rFr, Nelson will be a rSo and Metz will be gone.

I'm super high on the Tanefeu's, but with Negrete coming in 2021 and Henningson in 2020, they'd be a luxury and a bit redundant. Short would be my #1 target, as he would fill a massive need and I project him as an All American.
Short is a legacy Wrestler at Minnesota (I believe four Shorts have wrestled for the Gophers). I don’t see him going anywhere else. Shorts uncle did the AA matches on Track Wrestling and said that Quayin has the frame to add the weight needed to wrestle 197. He also said Tabor was wrestling at 202 pounds, his dad is huge and they expect him to add 25-30 pounds as a HWT at Minnesota.