Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020 and 2021 Recruiting

Looks like bison recruits Raden, Drexler, Schumm, Caliendo, Parker, Mooberry and Vacura all made the round of 64. Looks like Raden and Drexler will be facing each other today at 145.
    Last edited by PaBizon; 07-19-2021 at 04:18 AM.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Looks like bison recruits Radenz, Drexler, Schumm, Caliendo, Parker and Mooberry all made the round of 64. Looks like Radenz and Drexler will be facing each other today at 145.
    Drexler beat Radenz 8-0 to advance to the round of 32
    Last edited by PaBizon; 07-18-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Mannix Morgan and Noah Kavick are both still on the championship side and in the R32 too and coming up very soon.

Mikey Caliendo can come in and start right away (and I'm an Austin Brenner fan and think he can qualify for NCAAs). He looks fantastic and I'd be surprised if he isn't an All American at some point. DJ Parker is outstanding too. His technique isn't elite, but he has great tools and has been wrestling very well.

DJ Parker is the only Bison recruit to AA as he took 7th place at 182. His losses were 6-3 to eventual champion Thomas Stewart out of Maryland and 10-5 to 5th place finisher and Missouri recruit Clayton Whiting. Very good tournament and a wrestler that I think has the most upside of this incoming Bison class.
    Last edited by PaBizon; 07-20-2021 at 08:49 PM.

DJ Parker won a national title in Greco. He's looking like an incredible addition to the squad.

Clay Radenz made the blood round but unfortunately got pinned while leading.

Of the guys at this tournament, Spencer Mooberry, Mikey Caliendo, and DJ Parker most impressed me. Mooberry had a tough path in freestyle and wound up losing a tough one in the bloodround to a much more highly ranked fellow Iowan. I'm very interested to see how he looks as he fills out his frame. He's very tall and pretty thin, and should be a good option at 197 long term. Caliendo had a brutal path and notched some nice wins.

Considering the NDSU California guys weren't wrestling, it wasn't a bad performance.

NDSU roster Updated for 2021-2022. Here are the 16 guys that have been added to the upcoming years roster.
    Michael Caliendo - 165
    Latham Duda - 197
    Colby Evans - 125
    Mason Gode - 165
    Cole Gripka - HWT
    Spencer Mooberry -197
    Juan Mora - HWT
    Mannix Morgan - 165
    Juan Negrete - 125
    DJ Parker - 184
    Julian Perez - 133
    Clay Radenz - 141
    Gabriel Schumm - 141
    Dominik Vacura - HWT
    PJ Velazquez - 149
    Ryan Watts - 141

Some solid additions with much needed depth at certain weights. No Ramirez and it looks like it didn’t work out for Mitchel Peterson to come back.
    Last edited by PaBizon; 08-10-2021 at 05:02 PM.

With no Ramirez, 149 is a big need going forward. Maybe they have Peterson or Drexler penciled in as the long term option there, but they'll be true freshmen next year (assuming both verbals do indeed sign). If those two aren't options, have to hope Michael Weber or Gavan Sax develops into an option.

Beau Klingensmith, Bryce Dagel, and Noah Kovick also weren't listed.

Julian Perez and Alex Kowalchyk appear to be the only added names that weren't previously known. Kowalchyk is a depth kid from MN who took 5th and 6th at state the last 2 years. I don't know anything about Perez, and assume he is a depth guy.

Also, no McGwire Midkiff listed. Have to hope Carlos Negrete is ready to go right away (I think he is). Ryan Henningson and Colby Evens are the only other two options. Mac was a 2021 graduate from NDSU.

Maybe it's just a mistake, but they have Owen Pentz listed at 184 and Mike Nelson at 197. I would assume those are incorrect. I think Pentz is a better fit at 197.

This must be a work in progress. Yesterday Kowalchyk wasn’t listed and Carlos Negrete was listed as Juan. Maybe they’re adding as they become enrolled and there’s still a few stragglers. Midkiff is a surprise though.

Bison commit Max Peterson lost 10-9 in double OT at the MN who’s #1 to Koy Buesgens. It was a great match and worth watching the replay if you’re a wrestling fan. According to the announcers Buesgens is on NDSUs recruiting list as is Landen Johnson of Owatonna who won his match and along with NDSU has Brown University and Oregon St on his school list. IMO Johnson, who is very long and thin is an elite on top wrestler and a great scrambler. Flo has him #14 at 160.
    Last edited by PaBizon; 08-29-2021 at 02:41 PM.

about 10-12 recruits at game 2day.
    any ndsu wrestling people wanna tell me how the recruit that had the seizure on the field is doing?
    it was very shocking & scary for about 5 minutes, I was talking to the other recruits while emts were working. what a Great bunch of kids....
    hope the young man is doing fine!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?