Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2021 schedule update

Default Re: 2021 schedule update

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    UNI does it
    How’s that working out for them? Also, at least one of them is barely a road game for their fans.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    How’s that working out for them? Also, at least one of them is barely a road game for their fans.
    UNI hasn't done it since 2013 I guess. disregard what i said..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

UNI does it
    You mean "did" it...twice (2012 and 2014). I believe the extra FBS games were scheduled due to the Athletic Department at the time (maybe still do) was in serious need of money (basketball isn't cheap). Since then, they've tried other ways to get money, like forcing Iowa and Iowa State to help fund their Athletic Department (https://www.press-citizen.com/story/...oney/80239092/).

Also, I'm not sure I would consider them top-tier anymore, but I doubt FBS ADs fear them as much as they fear NDSU.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You mean "did" it...twice (2012 and 2014). I believe the extra FBS games were scheduled due to the Athletic Department at the time (maybe still do) was in serious need of money (basketball isn't cheap). Since then, they've tried other ways to get money, like forcing Iowa and Iowa State to help fund their Athletic Department (https://www.press-citizen.com/story/...oney/80239092/).

Also, I'm not sure I would consider them top-tier anymore, but I doubt FBS ADs fear them as much as they fear NDSU.
    i literally just said that 15 minutes b4 you posted..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

i literally just said that 15 minutes b4 you posted..
    Yes, you posted it while I was still typing and researching the years UNI played two FBS games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    This is such a silly argument, I remember when the big non-conference game was something called Pittsburgh State and we piss pounded conference foes like Augustana and Mankato. If the schedule isn’t good enough for people now, When was it?
    If we were FBS indy here is an example

UMass- terrible
    New Mexico St - terrible
    Liberty- terrible
    Eastern Michigan- terrible
    Shitty sun belt and MAC teams that we and most of the MVFC and CAA teams are better than

Anyone that thinks we would have a full slate of P5 and MWC teams is living in fantasy land, and getting P5 at home...lol not for 20 years if ever anymore, maybe for a 5 for 1

No conference FBS is a death sentence
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

UNI does it
    The last time UNI played two FBS teams in the same season was 2014 (Iowa and Hawaii) and finished the season 9-5. Also in 2012 against Wisconsin and Iowa and finished the season 5-6.

I would rather us play 1 FBS games and 2 OOC FCS home games and end up in Frisco celebrating another National Championship almost every year.

Do some research before spouting off.

Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    If we were FBS indy here is an example

UMass- terrible
    New Mexico St - terrible
    Liberty- terrible
    Eastern Michigan- terrible
    Shitty sun belt and MAC teams that we and most of the MVFC and CAA teams are better than

Anyone that thinks we would have a full slate of P5 and MWC teams is living in fantasy land, and getting P5 at home...lol not for 20 years if ever anymore, maybe for a 5 for 1

No conference FBS is a death sentence
    Good luck getting the FBS NOW crowd to figure that out.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is there confirmation of a return trip to Albany? Could be another great road trip if this is confirmed. Niagara Falls, Boston, NYC, Toronto, take the long way home through Canada...a lot of area I've never seen up there.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    Is there confirmation of a return trip to Albany? Could be another great road trip if this is confirmed. Niagara Falls, Boston, NYC, Toronto, take the long way home through Canada...a lot of area I've never seen up there.
    I can't leave the country...…….so there's that.