Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 schedule update

Default Re: 2021 schedule update

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU is regressing and its sad as hell.

Trey Lance gonna be a sophomore , we should be playing big time teams. Play 2 FBS games a year, lets show some dam pride.
    Which top-tier FCS teams get two FBS games a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisManBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

Perhaps we need to change our approach and start offering to pay FBS teams to play us at their place. We've been going about all wrong!
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    Perhaps we need to change our approach and start offering to pay FBS teams to play us at their place. We've been going about all wrong!
    Honestly, only crappy G5 teams would take that offer.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU is regressing and its sad as hell.

Trey Lance gonna be a sophomore , we should be playing big time teams. Play 2 FBS games a year, lets show some dam pride.
    And what teams would you like to play? FBS teams won't play us. We cannot even get 1 FBS game every year, let alone 2.

Just stop at this point. Your refusal to recognize the facts and requirements of college football scheduling is flat out old.

I am happy that we were able to get a Colonial Athletic Association team to come to Fargo without a return game.

2021 schedule will finish out with one of the following options:

1. FBS road game

2. FCS road game as part of a home and home agreement (my prediction)

3. Neutral site game in Minneapolis as a one time contract

4. Extra home game in Fargo

5. Neutral site game somewhere as part of a 2 game neutral site contract with a FCS "name brand team"

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post
    And what teams would you like to play? FBS teams won't play us. We cannot even get 1 FBS game every year, let alone 2.

Just stop at this point. Your refusal to recognize the facts and requirements of college football scheduling is flat out old.

I am happy that we were able to get a Colonial Athletic Association team to come to Fargo without a return game.

1. FBS road game

5. Neutral site game somewhere as part of a 2 game neutral site contract with a FCS "name brand team"
    JMU in Nashville would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUKurt View Post

1. FBS road game

The most likely scenario is NDSU paying to bring in a lower level FCS team. Likely candidates would be teams like Drake or St. Thomas.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Each year the schedule becomes less and less interesting. Sure we have the playoffs (which are great) but most years we have 2 or 3 meaningful games (SDSU and a couple of playoff games). I know that we have a few FBS coming up but that's becoming few and far between.

At this point in time i'd rather see more competitive/interesting games even if it meant us losing more and not being eligible for a "Championship". In a different thread somewhere was some discussion of the Liberty Schedule as an Indy.... Their schedule is FAR more superior to ours and it isn't close. Sure they won't play for a national championship but their fan base has a lot to be interested in each year.
    Far more superior? Other than Syracuse, Virginia, and BYU what is interesting about it? Oh wait, two games against the same team, a really shitty New Mexico State, one home, and one away? That’s the hook for you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUguy View Post
    Each year the schedule becomes less and less interesting. Sure we have the playoffs (which are great) but most years we have 2 or 3 meaningful games (SDSU and a couple of playoff games). I know that we have a few FBS coming up but that's becoming few and far between.

At this point in time i'd rather see more competitive/interesting games even if it meant us losing more and not being eligible for a "Championship". In a different thread somewhere was some discussion of the Liberty Schedule as an Indy.... Their schedule is FAR more superior to ours and it isn't close. Sure they won't play for a national championship but their fan base has a lot to be interested in each year.
    lol..yeah Liberty has "A Lot" to be interested in alright
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post

UNI does it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

This is such a silly argument, I remember when the big non-conference game was something called Pittsburgh State and we piss pounded conference foes like Augustana and Mankato. If the schedule isn’t good enough for people now, When was it?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie