Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 SDSU October 26th

Default Re: 2019 SDSU October 26th

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    They can peacock all they want to... we tend to do that from time to time as well.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread that, while this is a great long-term boost for SDSU, it might not be good in the short term considering the magnitude of the game they're playing on Saturday. There's going to be lots of noise around Brookings all week even to the point where they'll see the bus roll in and the set go up Wednesday into Thursday as they're walking to class. Football players are creatures of habit and this is going to be a very abnormal week for them. The nice thing when NDSU hosted it was their opponents were so overmatched the distraction factor didn't matter... not the case this week for SDSU. It's probably the same for NDSU players/coaches but I believe they don't bus down there until Saturday morning usually anyway so they'll be able to stay away from noise.

In 2015 when JMU hosted Gameday for the first time they were ranked #1 and playing their archrival Richmond. Their coach (the brilliant Everett Whithers /purple) brought their whole team down to the set during the broadcast that morning when they did a reveal of a new helmet they'd be wearing for the game later that day. Richmond beat them easily later that day IIRC. How Stig and company handle the distraction factor could go a long way towards how sharp they are in this game.
    I'm talking about us. We don't need to rub it in. Just enjoy the experience.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They can peacock all they want to... we tend to do that from time to time as well.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread that, while this is a great long-term boost for SDSU, it might not be good in the short term considering the magnitude of the game they're playing on Saturday. There's going to be lots of noise around Brookings all week even to the point where they'll see the bus roll in and the set go up Wednesday into Thursday as they're walking to class. Football players are creatures of habit and this is going to be a very abnormal week for them. The nice thing when NDSU hosted it was their opponents were so overmatched the distraction factor didn't matter... not the case this week for SDSU. It's probably the same for NDSU players/coaches but I believe they don't bus down there until Saturday morning usually anyway so they'll be able to stay away from noise.

In 2015 when JMU hosted Gameday for the first time they were ranked #1 and playing their archrival Richmond. Their coach (the brilliant Everett Whithers /purple) brought their whole team down to the set during the broadcast that morning when they did a reveal of a new helmet they'd be wearing for the game later that day. Richmond went on to beat them easily IIRC. How Stig and company handle the distraction factor could go a long way towards how sharp they are in this game.
    Wonder if Stig and Bohl are on good terms? (he was still coaching for the dirty Perry hit, so maybe not?) Stig would be wise to call Coach Bohl for advice.

Have the personalities from GameDay ever called on an opposing teams fans to travel and be a part of the show as openly as they did this time? I don't follow all of their announcements, but that seems a little unique.

What has been the most split fanbase GameDay crowd previously?

Bison Fans are just looking for a challenge to ward off Bison Fatigue.

In 2015 when JMU hosted Gameday for the first time they were ranked #1 and playing their archrival Richmond. Their coach (the brilliant Everett Whithers /purple) brought their whole team down to the set during the broadcast that morning when they did a reveal of a new helmet they'd be wearing for the game later that day. Richmond went on to beat them easily IIRC. How Stig and company handle the distraction factor could go a long way towards how sharp they are in this game.

for SDSU games, NDSU Flies or busses down to Sioux Falls and stay and drive up saturday morning? RIGHT?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    for SDSU games, NDSU Flies or busses down to Sioux Falls and stay and drive up saturday morning? RIGHT?
    Ah stieg complained about it so south Dakota doesn't allow ndsu or the natty trophies to stay anywhere in south Dakota. I wonder if we could get them to play the bison intro?

Lardsin must go!

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If they're distracted by all the hoopla surrounding this thing and they allow all the outside noise to be a factor on the field, then as a program they aren't ready logistically or mentally to take their program to the next level. They definitely have the talent to win this game against NDSU with Gameday in town and they have the talent to win a national championship, but if they cant block out all of shit that goes along with these/those types of situations then they aren't ready for the big stage yet.

If history repeats itself for the SDSU program, they wont be ready and they'll shit the bed.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yes...bus down Friday. Stay in SF and bus to Brookings on Saturday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by g_funky View Post
    yes...bus down friday. Stay in sf and bus to brookings on saturday morning.
    thought so

i cant wait to do the usual fill up with gas, beer food in hankinson, drive down, watch NDSU win and drive back $0 to Brookings again.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Yes...bus down Friday. Stay in SF and bus to Brookings on Saturday morning.
    Really? That's kind of odd since Fargo is only 90 minutes further from Brookings than Sioux Falls is but I suppose it's good to have the same road game routine that they do at other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I'm talking about us. We don't need to rub it in. Just enjoy the experience.
    That would require a moderate level of humility...good luck.

Everything Bison football, especially on this site, is a dick measuring competition.