Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 SDSU October 26th

Default Re: 2019 SDSU October 26th

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ONLY WAY SDSU HAS THIS IS BECAUSE OF NDSU

https://twitter.com/ReceDavis/status...113994753?s=09
    I'm late to the thread but this is 100000% absolutely correct in my opinion. There is no fricken way the GameDay powers that be looked to SDSU's schedule to see who they were playing. You 100% know they looked at NDSU's schedule to see if we were at home, and then said hey, it's in Brookings, that's new, we can go there. No fricken way it happened any other way. I texted a couple of buddies and I was like GameDay doesn't give two shits about SDSU or Brookings, its all the fact that they play us and its 1 vs 3 matchup. Had the game been in Fargo, they'd have come here for the third time.

My first sign idea was "Steig doesn't even like Busch Light, he only has two glasses of wine with dinner".

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I'm late to the thread but this is 100000% absolutely correct in my opinion. There is no fricken way the GameDay powers that be looked to SDSU's schedule to see who they were playing. You 100% know they looked at NDSU's schedule to see if we were at home, and then said hey, it's in Brookings, that's new, we can go there. No fricken way it happened any other way. I texted a couple of buddies and I was like GameDay doesn't give two shits about SDSU or Brookings, its all the fact that they play us and its 1 vs 3 matchup. Had the game been in Fargo, they'd have come here for the third time.

My first sign idea was "Steig doesn't even like Busch Light, he only has two glasses of wine with dinner".
    Good lord, who cares?!?!?

If the game was in Fargo and Gameday was setting up here instead SDSU fans could say the same thing... "No way they'd be going back there without us coming to town".

As it is with most Gamedays, the matchup is why they're going where they're going, not the home team or home team's campus. If SDSU was 4-3 and ranked 21st in the polls there's no way they'd have considered this game even with NDSU being 7-0, near consensus #1, and going for their 8th title in the last 9 years.

This isn't the first time Gameday has looked at being at the site of a road game for NDSU. I think it was 2015 that Lee Fitting had said they were planning to go to Youngstown for the NDSU/YSU matchup but Youngstown lost the week before so they went elsewhere. Even earlier this year it was reported that Delaware was on their short list in week 3 when NDSU was visiting but it was a plan B/C if their top options fell through due to losses by any of those teams the previous week. Keep in mind that had Illinois not upset Wisconsin last week or had Michigan pulled the upset on Penn St that Gameday would not be in Brookings this weekend.

I don't see why some of you need to act like NDSU deserves all the credit here.... and why it even matters that much. The fact is NDSU is going to get another huge boost in exposure and that's a great thing even if we're sharing it with a rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

If the game was in Fargo and Gameday was setting up here instead SDSU fans could say the same thing... "No way they'd be going back there without us coming to town".

As it is with most Gamedays, the matchup is why they're going where they're going, not the home team or home team's campus. If SDSU was 4-3 and ranked 21st in the polls there's no way they'd have considered this game even with NDSU being 7-0, near consensus #1, and going for their 8th title in the last 9 years.

This isn't the first time Gameday has looked at being at the site of a road game for NDSU. I think it was 2015 that Lee Fitting had said they were planning to go to Youngstown for the NDSU/YSU matchup but Youngstown lost the week before so they went elsewhere. Even earlier this year it was reported that Delaware was on their short list in week 3 when NDSU was visiting but it was a plan B/C if their top options fell through due to losses by any of those teams the previous week. Keep in mind that had Illinois not upset Wisconsin last week or had Michigan pulled the upset on Penn St that Gameday would not be in Brookings this weekend.

I don't see why some of you need to act like NDSU deserves all the credit here.... and why it even matters that much. The fact is NDSU is going to get another huge boost in exposure and that's a great thing even if we're sharing it with a rival.
    Well all your examples of NDSU away games that were candidates kinda proves the point that NDSU is the major draw, not the hosting site. SDSU does deserve some credit though, but just a little. This is probably the biggest MVFC game and best storyline and that's where the bunnies deserve credit.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Well all your examples of NDSU away games that were candidates kinda proves the point that NDSU is the major draw, not the hosting site. SDSU does deserve some credit though, but just a little. This is probably the biggest MVFC game and best storyline and that's where the bunnies deserve credit.
    NDSU puts the game on ESPN's radar... I'll admit that. It's the opposing team that needs to live up to it's end of the bargain to close the deal. SDSU did and YSU didn't. And they need a bit of luck to get help from the big boys like Wisconsin inexplicably losing to Illinois last week.

NDSU puts the game on ESPN's radar... I'll admit that. It's the opposing team that needs to live up to it's end of the bargain (SDSU did and YSU didn't) to close the deal. And they need a bit of luck from the big boys like Wisconsin inexplicably losing to Illinois last week.
    No doubt. For all our chest puffing, it the big boys choking at the opportune time that drives the bus to Brookings.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    No doubt. For all our chest puffing, it the big boys choking at the opportune time that drives the bus to Brookings.
    I agree with that. My point is that NDSU is the draw and not the hosting site. And, like, you said, the FBS teams shit the bed to make it happen and give them a reason to highlight the FCS again.

Knowing that we're the draw and peacocking over it all week are mutually exclusive.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    You know? This is the shit that makes us look stupid and petty.
    Ding ding ding

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed. Doesn’t matter why. It’ll be fun to be apart of it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Knowing that we're the draw and peacocking over it all week are mutually exclusive.
    They can peacock all they want to... we tend to do that from time to time as well.

I mentioned it earlier in the thread that, while this is a great long-term boost for SDSU, it might not be good in the short term considering the magnitude of the game they're playing on Saturday. There's going to be lots of noise around Brookings all week even to the point where they'll see the bus roll in and the set go up Wednesday into Thursday as they're walking to class. Football players are creatures of habit and this is going to be a very abnormal week for them. The nice thing when NDSU hosted it was their opponents were so overmatched the distraction factor didn't matter... not the case this week for SDSU. It's probably the same for NDSU players/coaches but I believe they don't bus down there until Saturday morning usually anyway so they'll be able to stay away from noise.

In 2015 when JMU hosted Gameday for the first time they were ranked #1 and playing their archrival Richmond. Their coach (the brilliant Everett Whithers /purple) brought their whole team down to the set during the broadcast that morning when they did a reveal of a new helmet they'd be wearing for the game later that day. Richmond went on to beat them easily IIRC. How Stig and company handle the distraction factor could go a long way towards how sharp they are in this game.