Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: Misery State Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Doesn’t hurt to have a bad day if you think you’re the shit. Crushing UNI and Illinois State probably gave these guys big heads. They’ll be back to true form next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are no big heads on this team .... none.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

We struggled to finish drives. Lethargic after UNI and before SDSU? Look ahead game. The offensive stats werent terrible. Gotta love a shutout. Vick did well for them at WR. 9 penalties and 7 punts was ugly.

Im not worried about this. But, I think playing at SDSU was going to be tough regardless. Its a true toss up.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Who was supposed to block 52? He done had himself a ball game.

Lardsin must go!

I said it on the game thread, but our timing looked off. Fullback running up Trey's leg. Lots of strange RB/QB hand-offs. We seemed "off"
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Who was supposed to block 52? He done had himself a ball game.
    That was me. Sorry. I f’ed up this one.

But what about 27?!!! Wtf?!!! You supposed to put your hand in the dirt with a 20 something number?!!!
    Don't believe everything you think.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    There are no big heads on this team .... none.

Overconfidence I guess is more what I meant. They’ll regroup and figure things out next week.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I watched from kickoff to the first Bison TD while getting on a plane at SFO. Landed at home, pulled up ESPN+, it's the end of the 3rd and the score is only 15-0. Seems like the offense couldn't do much today. A smart guy once told me, when you're having a day like that, you go back to basics and concentrate on executing the little things. No sense the Bison were able to do that today. Hope Roehl and the O figure it out.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

While I absolutely agree that one game is nothing to panic about there are a number of curious things that happened .

The last two FG attempts in the last two games were so fucking bad they made Cam Pederson look like something better than the 60% kicker he actually was.

Second,the offensive game plan and play calling was in Polasuck form. Vanilla beyond frozen cream. Nearly total abandoned attempt to pound their DL and take advantage of their fatigue later in the game. When did we give a shit about only a yard in runs between the tackle in the first half? The middle of the field for TE and FBs was open most of the game since Misery St was selling out for the run. Not seeing that as a game time adjustment is concerning to me.

Lastly, I sit between and behind the OL and the TE/RB groups and there was no enthusiasm as all. These players did not give a shit tonight and Blazek was bland and monotone despite multiple OL penalties. Riley would have lit them up and gotten them going. Four games and Blazek on the side line during shit play and he looks like he has narcolepsy. Sometimes shit play and lack of effort has to be addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    While I absolutely agree that one game is nothing to panic about there are a number of curious things that happened .

The last two FG attempts in the last two games were so fucking bad they made Cam Pederson look like something better than the 60% kicker he actually was.

Second,the offensive game plan and play calling was in Polasuck form. Vanilla beyond frozen cream. Nearly total abandoned attempt to pound their DL and take advantage of their fatigue later in the game. When did we give a shit about only a yard in runs between the tackle in the first half? The middle of the field for TE and FBs was open most of the game since Misery St was selling out for the run. Not seeing that as a game time adjustment is concerning to me.

Lastly, I sit between and behind the OL and the TE/RB groups and there was no enthusiasm as all. These players did not give a shit tonight and Blazek was bland and monotone despite multiple OL penalties. Riley would have lit them up and gotten them going. Four games and Blazek on the side line during shit play and he looks like he has narcolepsy. Sometimes shit play and lack of effort has to be addressed.
    The snaps have been high...sounds more like the snaps than the kicker per the head coach.

The offense had well over 400 yards. One of the big problems were all the penalties.

I do agree though, they seemed to lack the usual fire and enthusiasm.

Give MSU some credit though, their D played well.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Holy shit. We're fucked.
    Insert something clever here...