Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Missouri State

b15on is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default GDT: NDSU vs. Missouri State

#1 North Dakota State Bison (6-0, 2-0 MVFC) vs. Missouri State Bears (1-4, 1-1 MVFC)
    Saturday, October 19, 2019 · 2:30 p.m. · Fargodome (18,700) · Fargo, ND

TV: KVLY and the NBC North Dakota network will carry the game with Brian Shawn joined by Lee Timmerman and sideline reporter Ryan Gellner. Pregame coverage hosted by Beth Hoole, Alex Egan and Kyle Emanuel begins at 1:30 p.m. The game will be available to ESPN+ subscribers on ESPN.com and the ESPN app.
    RADIO: Coverage begins at 2 p.m. on the Peterson Farms Seed Bison Radio Network with fourth-year NDSU play-by-play voice Jeff Culhane joined by NDSU and Buffalo Bills hall of famer Phil Hansen and NDSU sideline reporter Jeremy Jorgenson. Extended coverage locally on 107.9 The Fox, Bison 1660 and 92.7 FM includes "Bison Tailgate" from 11:00-12:00 with Brad Jones and "Bison Game Day" from 12:00-2:00 with Keith Brake and Cole Jirik. Brake and Jirik return for "Bison Hotline" with Chris Hanson and Kyle Emanuel for two hours following the network broadcast.

Tailgating Weather: A mainly sunny sky. High 59F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph.

Game Previews
    NDSU Game Preview Release
    Missouri State Game Preview Release
    Missouri Valley Football Conference Weekly Release

The Fargo Forum
    Schoening latest small-town ND lineman to make it big with Bison football
    FCS matchups at a glance
    Bison notes: STATS voters ignore South Dakota, but Coyotes rank high in Sagarin
    Game Day notebook: Weerts has no issue with removing redshirt status
    Senior Spotlight: Get to know Bison senior fullback Garrett Malstrom
    Cal State Sacramento and its quarterback finally tasting success

STATS FCS/HERO Sports
    Midseason FCS conference rankings
    FCS game of the week: Montana at Sacramento State
    FCS: Could NDSU's Trey Lance Be A Top Walter Payton Award Finalist?
    FCS PREDICTIONS: Week 8 - UNH/Delaware, Montana/Sac State Are Ranked Matchups
    137-13 Official Bison GDT Starter

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Missouri State

This one aint going to be pretty. Stat stuffer game with lots of backups playing. Wear green!!

Bison: 45
    Baby Bears: 7
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

55-10 Good guys. Would be nice to see Zeb or even Noah show off the arm skills

play entire 2nd team at halftime.
    I dont care if the score is 21-7. just do it!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Went back and watched Missouri State's last four games (Tulane, Kennesaw State, Western Illinois and South Dakota) in order this time. Not a whole lot of positive things to say about the Bears other than that I hope they see UND as a team they can beat on a yearly basis starting next season, but in the meantime, they need to get better at pretty much everything. Tough times in Springfield, MO, right now.

Two things I can add from watching the four games this week:

1) The son of the Dog Faced Gremlin ran for over 220 yards against them. I had to mention this to one of my coworkers who coached both Steiner Brothers when they wrestled for Michigan. Also, Rick (real name Rob I found out this week) was trained by NDSU's own Brad Rheingans for professional wrestling.

2) Former NDSU verbal, Lincoln Gibbs got some reps against Missouri State last Saturday for USD. When I recognized his name, I went to see how he was doing only to find out he's no longer on the team and in transfer protocol.

With that said, in regards to today's game, NDSU needs to stay focus and healthy. Missouri State does have a few linebackers that got salty in a few of the games. The Bison have been pretty healthy all year long and need to keep it that way. I see NDSU winning 51-0. I say zero because it's "Code Green" this week and what better way to celebrate it with a shut-out. I hope the starters rack up enough points in the first half that we get to see a lot of them on the sidelines for the second half. I want to see Zeb and Noah get a good amount of reps in this game due to the team have the game wrapped up early.

Stay Hungry, Stay Humble!!!
    Hail the BISON!!!

Whoever wins the time of possession battle i give a >50% of winning this game

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No score prediction, but Kobe Johnson will rush for over 150 yards.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

No farming today. Just an old fashion ass kicking to watch. Green men roll.

Lardsin must go!

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Went back and watched Missouri State's last four games (Tulane, Kennesaw State, Western Illinois and South Dakota) in order this time. Not a whole lot of positive things to say about the Bears other than that I hope they see UND as a team they can beat on a yearly basis starting next season, but in the meantime, they need to get better at pretty much everything. Tough times in Springfield, MO, right now.

Two things I can add from watching the four games this week:

1) The son of the Dog Faced Gremlin ran for over 220 yards against them. I had to mention this to one of my coworkers who coached both Steiner Brothers when they wrestled for Michigan. Also, Rick (real name Rob I found out this week) was trained by NDSU's own Brad Rheingans for professional wrestling.

2) Former NDSU verbal, Lincoln Gibbs got some reps against Missouri State last Saturday for USD. When I recognized his name, I went to see how he was doing only to find out he's no longer on the team and in transfer protocol.

With that said, in regards to today's game, NDSU needs to stay focus and healthy. Missouri State does have a few linebackers that got salty in a few of the games. The Bison have been pretty healthy all year long and need to keep it that way. I see NDSU winning 51-0. I say zero because it's "Code Green" this week and what better way to celebrate it with a shut-out. I hope the starters rack up enough points in the first half that we get to see a lot of them on the sidelines for the second half. I want to see Zeb and Noah get a good amount of reps in this game due to the team have the game wrapped up early.

Stay Hungry, Stay Humble!!!
    Steiner bro's from Bismarck? They wrestled for Iowa, not Michigan?

Things I’ll be watching today include:

QB Peyton Huslig and his rock star hair flow - he had good quickness and was more than willing to leave the pocket in the past (won’t have a choice against this Bison D). This will give NDSU some practice on containing a running QB. How do they choose to do it?

The senior Huslig (6’ 3” 204) leads the MVFC in active QB career passing yardage (5302).
    Is #3 on Missouri State’s career total yardage list with 6302.
    Huslig’s next TD pass will put him in a 3-way tie for fourth all-time at Missouri State with 33.

NDSU will get practice defending tall receivers against the Bears. Pre-season All-MVFC WR Tyler Currie is 6’ 3” 206 and leads MSU with 29 receptions (11.6 ypc). WR Lorenzo Thomas is 6’ 5” 202 and has 20 receptions (11.1 ypc).

- Senior LB McNeece Egbim (6’ 231) is the Bears latest version of Dylan Cole - a tackling machine. Unfortunately for him he gets lots of practice as 31 is the lowest # of points MSU has allowed - a 37-31 win over Western Illinois (their one victory of the year)

- The Bison roster - who are those guys? For example, Jalen Sundell has been the next LT to play when he gets the chance, does that happen today?
    Last edited by bruinbison; 10-19-2019 at 01:24 PM.