Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Full impact of COA becoming apparent?

Default Re: Full impact of COA becoming apparent?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The kids know what schools offer it and what schools dont. i am sure the kids are told upfront when they are recruited on how much the full COA is and how much they get. One question I need an answer on is the COA different for a Chicago kid vs a Fargo kid?
    I thought COA was different between schools but the same for all players regardless of their home town.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    It is poisonous but it is standard practice in corporate America. You try discussing comp with co-workers in corporate and you are going to eventually find some friction somewhere, perhaps terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This is inaccurate information. Depending on the level of employee and the state, it is illegal for an employer to prohibit sharing of salary information. This practice while previously common, has been identified as a key contributor to workplace pay discrimination. Clearly, ND is not an employee rights state, so I doubt there is protection beyond what is federal law under NLRB laws. MN is a completely different story and prohibits any adverse action against an employee for discussing their wages.

Quote Originally Posted by PattyBison View Post
    This is inaccurate information. Depending on the level of employee and the state, it is illegal for an employer to prohibit sharing of salary information. This practice while previously common, has been identified as a key contributor to workplace pay discrimination. Clearly, ND is not an employee rights state, so I doubt there is protection beyond what is federal law under NLRB laws. MN is a completely different story and prohibits any adverse action against an employee for discussing their wages.
    Yep. Illegal as hell. As a result there is absolutely no gender, race, political, religious, sexual orientation or age discrimination. Right. In the same way that laws regarding..., never mind.

It just happens every day. In every company. Nationwide. #realityBites

Don't believe everything you think.

Yep. Illegal as hell. As a result there is absolutely no gender, race, political, religious, sexual orientation or age discrimination. Right. In the same way that laws regarding..., never mind.

It just happens every day. In every company. Nationwide. #realityBites

Um. Yeah. Ok. Are you still in the workforce?

My employer in the 90s explicitly told employees that they could not discuss salary. My employer today explicitly tells managers that they cannot ask employees from discussing salaries. Adverse action will be taken against the manager if they advise employees to not discuss it. My company doesn't even allow managers to ask a candidate's current salary. We can only ask what their salary requirements are.

But regardless, as someone else stated, this is a horrible example, so you probably want to move on.

Um. Yeah. Ok. Are you still in the workforce?

My employer in the 90s explicitly told employees that they could not discuss salary. My employer today explicitly tells managers that they cannot ask employees from discussing salaries. Adverse action will be taken against the manager if they advise employees to not discuss it. My company doesn't even allow managers to ask a candidate's current salary. We can only ask what their salary requirements are.

But regardless, as someone else stated, this is a horrible example, so you probably want to move on.
    I retired a year ago so no I am no longer in the workforce. By choice. This is why I am able to speak so plainly. There can no longer be any impact on me. Still you will not find me naming names for obvious reasons unless it is already public information.

I assume you must work in a government/military environment. I believe (but do not know for sure) that things are more “by the book” there. In corporate America laws are things to be interpreted, not followed “to the letter”. Laws are gray and not black and white after all. If not then we would not need peeps to hold JD’s.

Oh and this is not a horrible example. It is about human nature. This is a factor that dominates. Do you ever wonder why the coaching staff of the Bison stresses the concept of “Team” so very hard? And why they recruit people who are open to/embrace this concept? Question for you: if the Bison could ever successfully recruit a (pick a name here) five star diva player - would they want them? I bet not. This is the primary reason why IMHO.

I retired a year ago so no I am no longer in the workforce. By choice. This is why I am able to speak so plainly. There can no longer be any impact on me. Still you will not find me naming names for obvious reasons unless it is already public information.

I assume you must work in a government/military environment. I believe (but do not know for sure) that things are more “by the book” there. In corporate America laws are things to be interpreted, not followed “to the letter”. Laws are gray and not black and white after all. If not then we would not need peeps to hold JD’s.

Oh and this is not a horrible example. It is about human nature. This is a factor that dominates. Do you ever wonder why the coaching staff of the Bison stresses the concept of “Team” so very hard? And why they recruit people who are open to/embrace this concept? Question for you: if the Bison could ever successfully recruit a (pick a name here) five star diva player - would they want them? I bet not. This is the primary reason why IMHO.

I do not work in a government/military environment. My employer is the definition of corporate america. My employer is also not known for having favorable environment for employee rights/benefits. But even my employer did a complete 180 in the last 10 years. I find it unfathomable that my employee unfriendly employer is the only one shifting. The world is changing.

And I still maintain it is a horrible example. Who is on scholarship is not a secret and never has been. And your other argument doesn't apply since NDSU is funding FCOA for all sports.

I do not work in a government/military environment. My employer is the definition of corporate america. My employer is also not known for having favorable environment for employee rights/benefits. But even my employer did a complete 180 in the last 10 years. I find it unfathomable that my employee unfriendly employer is the only one shifting. The world is changing.

And I still maintain it is a horrible example. Who is on scholarship is not a secret and never has been. And your other argument doesn't apply since NDSU is funding FCOA for all sports.
    Again, I am not referring to NDSU but rather other schools where FCOA is discretionary. I repeat: I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT NDSU SUFFERS FROM THIS EFFECT. (So I could be wrong here too of course)

However if you believe that your employer is 100% in compliance with the culture/policy and/or law then you are incredibly naive. Ask yourself this question: who is ascending to the top of the pyramid in your company and why? Don’t answer that immediately but rather evaluate and reflect for a bit and consider all the data.

Yes I agree that the entirety of corporate America is changing but the ONLY thing that will cause permanent and pervasive change is when PEOPLE GO TO JAIL. Monetary damages are just a cost of doing business.

Again, I am not referring to NDSU but rather other schools where FCOA is discretionary. I repeat: I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT NDSU SUFFERS FROM THIS EFFECT. (So I could be wrong here too of course)

However if you believe that your employer is 100% in compliance with the culture/policy and/or law then you are incredibly naive. Ask yourself this question: who is ascending to the top of the pyramid in your company and why? Don’t answer that immediately but rather evaluate and reflect for a bit and consider all the data.

Yes I agree that the entirety of corporate America is changing but the ONLY thing that will cause permanent and pervasive change is when PEOPLE GO TO JAIL. Monetary damages are just a cost of doing business.

Please direct me to where I said my employer was 100% in compliance with anything? I didn't. I said their internal policies, training and practices of HR have changed 100% in the last 10 years. And I can see quite clearly who had been rising to the top of the pyramid in the last 10 years. And that argument is blown to pieces as well. And please don't indicate that I am naive. I'm not.

I think your perspectives were based on the companies you worked for. I have no doubt you are correct in their practices. I am simply saying that companies that have previously had that attitude have changed. And again, don't tell me it is all for show. It's not. It is in response to litigation.

Please direct me to where I said my employer was 100% in compliance with anything? I didn't. I said their internal policies, training and practices of HR have changed 100% in the last 10 years. And I can see quite clearly who had been rising to the top of the pyramid in the last 10 years. And that argument is blown to pieces as well. And please don't indicate that I am naive. I'm not.

I think your perspectives were based on the companies you worked for. I have no doubt you are correct in their practices. I am simply saying that companies that have previously had that attitude have changed. And again, don't tell me it is all for show. It's not. It is in response to litigation.
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Notre Dame would be the only team worth playing among the FBS independents. And they wouldn’t schedule us. They don’t need to. They can take their pick from their traditional rivals, plus their guaranteed 5 ACC games per year. They already play USC and Stanford every year, they did a H&H with Georgia, they play Michigan and Michigan State often, they had a Texas H&H.

They don’t need us. Now you’re left playing UMass, Liberty, not exactly a step up in competition. Then to fill out the schedule we’d end up paying MVSU again to come take a beating, but it would cost even more.
    BYU and Army would be fun to play too.

If NDSU was FBS, they might be able to get a game with Notre Dame too. Unlikely but possible.
    College of Business Alumnus