Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Full impact of COA becoming apparent?

Default Re: Full impact of COA becoming apparent?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, back to the topic at hand as I think gully had a great point.....

How many MVFC teams are doing FCOA? From past conversations, this is what I remember:

1. NDSU
    2. SDSU on case by case basis
    3. UND even though broke
    4. USD

Fill in others, please or correct me.
    I think UNi does it on a smaller level, kind of case by case but I could be wrong

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think UNi does it on a smaller level, kind of case by case but I could be wrong
    Get me a link, and I'll add it; sounded to me it was to be Bball only at the time.

I wonder how common it is for teams that compete against NDSU to offer COA on a case by case basis and keep it hush hush? The less they talk about it, the less chance there is for it to cause bad feelings on their teams.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I wonder how common it is for teams that compete against NDSU to offer COA on a case by case basis and keep it hush hush? The less they talk about it, the less chance there is for it to cause bad feelings on their teams.
    No way something like that stays quiet in a locker room of 17-21 or olds
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I don't know. Some of these schools like SDSU have publicly said they offer it on a case by case basis which is already kinda shady. How many do but just don't advertise it and tell the players that get it to keep it to themselves? I can see a 17-21 year old keeping his mouth shut for a few grand a year.

When was the last time you discussed your salary/compensation with any of your co-workers? And if your employer threatened you with sanction (of any kind) for doing so? The last time for me was when I was indeed a 20 year old but this was in a sales environment where each salesperson's monthly production was publicly posted on a wall and updated daily that ALL employees could see.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I don't know. Some of these schools like SDSU have publicly said they offer it on a case by case basis which is already kinda shady. How many do but just don't advertise it and tell the players that get it to keep it to themselves? I can see a 17-21 year old keeping his mouth shut for a few grand a year.
    The kids know what schools offer it and what schools dont. i am sure the kids are told upfront when they are recruited on how much the full COA is and how much they get. One question I need an answer on is the COA different for a Chicago kid vs a Fargo kid?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    When was the last time you discussed your salary/compensation with any of your co-workers? And if your employer threatened you with sanction (of any kind) for doing so? The last time for me was when I was indeed a 20 year old but this was in a sales environment where each salesperson's monthly production was publicly posted on a wall and updated daily that ALL employees could see.
    It's not the same situation at all, but yeah ok. 2 kids living together 1 has money the other is day to day and nothing is going to get mentioned? And how exactly came the school threaten sanctions to a kid if he talks?

But maybe your right
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

It's not the same situation at all, but yeah ok. 2 kids living together 1 has money the other is day to day and nothing is going to get mentioned? And how exactly came the school threaten sanctions to a kid if he talks?

But maybe your right
    I don’t know. Is there civilian oversight of the awarding of scholarships/COA or is that left up to the coaching staff completely? Sanction could be the withdrawal of COA and/or scholarship if there is leakage.

Not saying this happens at NDSU. I bet it does not. It is poisonous but it is standard practice in corporate America. You try discussing comp with co-workers in corporate and you are going to eventually find some friction somewhere, perhaps terminal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The kids know what schools offer it and what schools dont. i am sure the kids are told upfront when they are recruited on how much the full COA is and how much they get. One question I need an answer on is the COA different for a Chicago kid vs a Fargo kid?

Isn't this public information if you know where to look for it?
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016