Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Full impact of COA becoming apparent?

Default Re: Full impact of COA becoming apparent?

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    I agree with this, but I'm not sure what the better option is for us right now? MAC/MWC? Maybe... But not much better competition there. It's a catch 22 if you ask me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Step 1: apply for waiver to go independent in FBS football (receive waiver or sue); remain in Summit for other sports
    Step 2: schedule all the other independents looking for opponents (they amount to practically a conference already)
    Step 3: build FBS resume kicking everyone's ass
    Step 4: tell MWC to pound sand when they finally invite; accept B12 invite instead
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

We were great before FCOA but it certainly doesnt hurt the cause. We probably pick up a handful of players because of it.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

We have so many advantages. Tradition and winning,
    national exposure, NFL QBs , a system that has remained in tact for 15 years, a unique style, a great home field, elite facilities, great atmosphere, more practice time with extended playoff runs, etc. The Indoor Practice Facility will be one of the final pieces

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

COA is a tool. One of many in our toolbox, and we use them all. Of course COA helps but it's not a cure all, and was never meant to be.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Step 1: apply for waiver to go independent in FBS football (receive waiver or sue); remain in Summit for other sports
    Step 2: schedule all the other independents looking for opponents (they amount to practically a conference already)
    Step 4: tell MWC to pound sand when they finally invite; accept B12 invite instead
    ^ this----------fbs independent is the way to go...i went and watched thee ohio state buckeyes dismantle nebraska a few weeks ago and didnt feel like the pre-game or in-game atmosphere was in any way superior to fargo...i hadnt been to a "big-time" college football game since bohl and co really got the fargodome rocking so i was a bit shocked by this...add to that if we were able to expand the dome by even 10-15k wow and what if we could go the 1660 route and take the TV rights wouldnt that be big time bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    COA is a tool. One of many in our toolbox, and we use them all. Of course COA helps but it's not a cure all, and was never meant to be.
    I agree. If COA was the sole reason, NDSU would be more dominant in their other sports too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Step 4: accept B12 invite instead
    You need to admit yourself into a recovery facility. Your opioid addiction can kill you. If that isn’t your problem, then explain why the Big 12 would invite an institution that does nothing to increase the revenue of their media network. Closed circuit to PB, they f’ing won’t.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    You need to admit yourself into a recovery facility. Your opioid addiction can kill you. If that isn’t your problem, then explain why the Big 12 would invite an institution that does nothing to increase the revenue of their media network. Closed circuit to PB, they f’ing won’t.
    Bingo
    The Big 10 certainly didnt add Maryland and Rutgers because of the quality of their football teams.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

STFU! It is what it is until it isn’t!

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Notre Dame would be the only team worth playing among the FBS independents. And they wouldn’t schedule us. They don’t need to. They can take their pick from their traditional rivals, plus their guaranteed 5 ACC games per year. They already play USC and Stanford every year, they did a H&H with Georgia, they play Michigan and Michigan State often, they had a Texas H&H.

They don’t need us. Now you’re left playing UMass, Liberty, not exactly a step up in competition. Then to fill out the schedule we’d end up paying MVSU again to come take a beating, but it would cost even more.