Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If it's just pushing and shoving not related to the play (applies if started before play is dead) offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are usually pointless. They are probably directed to get the guy who started it if you know it

I didn't see this play so not sure if that's what happened but based that on some of the comments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Two unsportsmanlikes in the same game and you're ejected though right? It's like double technicals in basketball... no effect on the play but puts the two guys "on notice" to knock that shit off. I didn't notice it in real time but I saw a video on Facebook where Cox does grab #9 and tries to pull him towards the ball (like 89MTBISON said) which leads to a shove from #9 and that set off the whole sequence.

What floored me about the call was the flag didn't come out until 4 shoves later after #9 popped a Bison player in the helmet.

EDIT: The play starts here (you'll need ESPN+ to watch it): https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id...f4&t=02h02m33s
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 10-13-2019 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If it's just pushing and shoving not related to the play (applies if started before play is dead) offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are usually pointless. They are probably directed to get the guy who started it if you know it

I didn't see this play so not sure if that's what happened but based that on some of the comments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Cox did "start it" but what he did I don't think would be a foul. It escalated with the UNI guy giving a nice hand to the face and that's when the flag came out. It was the first action that looked excessive to me. I was expecting a foul on UNI or possibly offsetting. Whatever, it didn't really matter.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Cox did "start it" but what he did I don't think would be a foul. It escalated with the UNI guy giving a nice hand to the face and that's when the flag came out. It was the first action that looked excessive to me. I was expecting a foul on UNI or possibly offsetting. Whatever, it didn't really matter.
    Exactly what I thought. Cox was in his face walking him back from the play, then he shoved Cox right in the face. Call me crazy, guy who takes a shot at someone's head should get the flag.

looked on inforum and didnt see the postgame presser's. Did anyone else run across them?

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    looked on inforum and didnt see the postgame presser's. Did anyone else run across them?
    Yep, it is on there. Farley answered 2 questions then jumped and ran out of there!
    "The bird is in your hand"

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey with a helmet sticker.

Looking good Billy Ray!

I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    "they controlled everything" Is he saying our guys don't play nice or fair?

I didn't get back until the 3rd quarter was underway... saw 2 3&outs by NDSU and UNI drop a TD pass and miss a FG and I was thinking that UNI might have a small chance.

Not with NDSU's offensive line and our RBs though. Cofield's ability to get extra yards and extend drives just destroyed their defense.