Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Agreed. I also think Trey has a lot more weapons than Easton had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Roehl>TP

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Both are valid and could be applied based on the overall circumstance. Bottom line is don't start something if you don't want to possibly get flagged for it. And don't retaliate because you both may get it or the official may only see the retaliation. From what I remember of the play it was rolling dead surrounded by Bison players to down it. No need for anyone to be blocking (especially kicking team) or pushing anyone.
    Exactly. Zero reason for Cox to be doing that.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Exactly. Zero reason for Cox to be doing that.
    That's not the mindset a killer football team has. Play with an edge. Play physical. That's some real weak shit you're talking. Personal opinion

He was in a bad position to be trying to block him into the ball. He got a penalty. Nobody died. Move on.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    That's not the mindset a killer football team has. Play with an edge. Play physical. That's some real weak shit you're talking. Personal opinion
    Do it within the rules or be willing to get flagged if you cross the line. Coaches often tell players to play to the whistle which he means play the entire play. The problem with that is the play is almost always over before the whistle blows. The ball becomes dead by rule in all cases but one...an inadvertent whistle. We'll have fouls on defenders who pile on a runner on the ground and claim the whistle hadn't blown. The down was over when the runner was down, not when the whistle blew.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    ... Overall a very good win against a decent FCS team. Will be interesting to see how UNI plays the rest of the way.
    Despite having more than one loss on this years schedule, UNI has shown that when they play their best they are better than a 'decent FCS team', IMO. They pushed Iowa State into triple OT - a game they could have won. That Iowa State Team is 4-2, their two losses by a combined 3 points, with on of those losses to unbeaten Baylor. Iowa State is a very good FBS team this year. I am a little surprised UNI has as many losses as they do. They seem to be up-and-down. They get a quality win (or in ISU's case a quality loss), then lose a game it seems they should have won.

South Dakota State - also a really good team when playing their best. They could have (probably should have) beat Minnesota who is now 6-0 and will be 7-0 after playing Rutgers next week (unless winless Rutgers magically gets their game in order by next Saturday). The MVFC is a tough conference once again.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Do it within the rules or be willing to get flagged if you cross the line. Coaches often tell players to play to the whistle which he means play the entire play. The problem with that is the play is almost always over before the whistle blows. The ball becomes dead by rule in all cases but one...an inadvertent whistle. We'll have fouls on defenders who pile on a runner on the ground and claim the whistle hadn't blown. The down was over when the runner was down, not when the whistle blew.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I'd like to hear your take on Sproles getting his helmet ripped off his head while being tackled not being a penalty and also on one play a bison got pushed out of bounds by a uni player then uni 94 jumped on top of the bison 3 yards out of bounds how that's not a penalty?

To me those are the flags that need to be thrown to prevent an injury from happening. That's how you clean up football. Don't let crap like that happen. Those two plays being allowed is also what makes that punt penalty so frustrating.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Despite having more than one loss on this years schedule, UNI has shown that when they play their best they are better than a 'decent FCS team', IMO. They pushed Iowa State into triple OT - a game they could have won. That Iowa State Team is 4-2, their two losses by a combined 3 points, with on of those losses to unbeaten Baylor. Iowa State is a very good FBS team this year. I am a little surprised UNI has as many losses as they do. They seem to be up-and-down. They get a quality win (or in ISU's case a quality loss), then lose a game it seems they should have won.

South Dakota State - also a really good team when playing their best. They could have (probably should have) beat Minnesota who is now 6-0 and will be 7-0 after playing Rutgers next week (unless winless Rutgers magically gets their game in order by next Saturday). The MVFC is a tough conference once again.
    Kyle Emmanuel mentioned something this morning on the Locker Room that is true. The FCS, in general, is inconsistent year in and year out. I would argue that although we have had one off game hear or there, we are the most consistent and that's why we win. Maybe just stating the obvious.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    Kyle Emmanuel mentioned something this morning on the Locker Room that is true. The FCS, in general, is inconsistent year in and year out. I would argue that although we have had one off game hear or there, we are the most consistent and that's why we win. Maybe just stating the obvious.
    Yes, maybe the obvious. NDSU has a "program" like New England has a "program." The team goals are greater than the individual goals. Players are brought on to contribute their particular piece to the overall process. That is why Belicheck can insert low draft picks and castoff veterans into the team and still get consistent results. Development of a process is greater than short-term FBS transfer fixes for long-term success.

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'd like to hear your take on Sproles getting his helmet ripped off his head while being tackled not being a penalty and also on one play a bison got pushed out of bounds by a uni player then uni 94 jumped on top of the bison 3 yards out of bounds how that's not a penalty?

To me those are the flags that need to be thrown to prevent an injury from happening. That's how you clean up football. Don't let crap like that happen. Those two plays being allowed is also what makes that punt penalty so frustrating.
    I don't remember the play where the runner's helmet came off. Helmets pop off all the time because players don't always wear them tight enough. Unless you saw the defender grab a helmet opening (face mask, ear hole, outside edge) you can't flag it for a face mask personal foul. This sometimes happens in a pile of players or the covering official is shielded from the helmet of the runner. You can't guess that it was pulled off.

I think I saw the play by 94 you are talking about. It jumped out at me live as a possible hit out of bounds. The runner was going up the sideline with him behind the runner. There was another defender between 94 and the runner who legally hit the runner near the sideline and rode him out of bounds. The contact by 94 appeared to be while the runner was out of bounds, but all his contact was against his teammate. I assumed that was why the official passed. Doesn't mean he was right or he will be graded as a correct call, but that's what I saw on video.