Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If it's just pushing and shoving not related to the play (applies if started before play is dead) offsetting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties are usually pointless. They are probably directed to get the guy who started it if you know it

I didn't see this play so not sure if that's what happened but based that on some of the comments.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Cox was 100% the instigator. I know Bison fans won't like this, but 9 was just sort of watching around the pill and Cox tried to grab him and pull him to touch the ball....which if I remember the rules, wouldn't even count as him touching it anyway.

9 pushed him off of him to get him to let go. Then it was some pushing and shoving.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    Cox was 100% the instigator. I know Bison fans won't like this, but 9 was just sort of watching around the pill and Cox tried to grab him and pull him to touch the ball....which if I remember the rules, wouldn't even count as him touching it anyway.

9 pushed him off of him to get him to let go. Then it was some pushing and shoving.

Yet only one guy threw a shot to the face after the play was blown dead.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yet only one guy threw a shot to the face after the play was blown dead.
    Right in front of a zebra too. And that same guy threw something else too when the call was announced.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    UNI imbedded in that video. Farley comes on at the 10:50 mark.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

https://csnbbs.com/thread-884779-pos...ml#pid16369012

oh well. I guess when you win on the road vs ranked teams by 30+, it isnt good enough.

ndsu cant help these other teams fucking suck.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

No 9 started going to the ball and Cox popped him before the whistle. Square shoulder pop nothing wrong. Then the whistle blew. I seen it.

Lardsin must go!

Looks like a play by Cox to try and block #9 into the football (not a penalty, but may not result in possession implications). #9 then shoves Cox in the pads and Cox shoves him back in the pads before 94 steps in to to stop the fight only to get a shot to the facemask....But somehow Cox gets a penalty?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Two unsportsmanlikes in the same game and you're ejected though right? It's like double technicals in basketball... no effect on the play but puts the two guys "on notice" to knock that shit off. I didn't notice it in real time but I saw a video on Facebook where Cox does grab #9 and tries to pull him towards the ball (like 89MTBISON said) which leads to a shove from #9 and that set off the whole sequence.

What floored me about the call was the flag didn't come out until 4 shoves later after #9 popped a Bison player in the helmet.

EDIT: The play starts here (you'll need ESPN+ to watch it): https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id...f4&t=02h02m33s
    Both are valid and could be applied based on the overall circumstance. Bottom line is don't start something if you don't want to possibly get flagged for it. And don't retaliate because you both may get it or the official may only see the retaliation. From what I remember of the play it was rolling dead surrounded by Bison players to down it. No need for anyone to be blocking (especially kicking team) or pushing anyone.

Great game by the Bison and great to see the game by game improvement. Although I suspect and hope the read option to the fullback will be eliminated from the playbook....that is all!

Some laughing at my post about UNI's qb not being their starter for 4 years.

IMO he's too small to be a running qb in the MVFC long term. Yes he seemed quick and could move around but still didn't manage to move himself into positions to make plays. He's also not big enough to stand in the pocket. But the biggest reason is Farley. When is the last time Farley had a qb that he let start every game of the year let alone multiple years or God forbid 4.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk