Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Hybrid View

Default UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

1) Trey Lance is good at football.
    2) I hate UNI and I like beating them.
    3) By a lot. The hate factor alone proves they're our real rival.
    4) The turn over after the beautiful INT by Hendricks was a momentum killer or it would have been over before the half. The dropped TD catch by UNI was even more so a killer.
    5) Great balance by the running backs.
    6) Their freshman QB is good. Ours is better. Will be a fun 4 years.
    7) Great defensive performance over all.
    8) The streak continues.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

f*** the Panthers. BURY OUR RIVALS

I LOVED THAT 2ND HALF
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Sloppy second quarter kept it interesting for a half. Trey missed some pretty easy throws I'm sure he would like to have back. The secondary got bailed out by UNI dropping passes but I thought they had decent coverage on some of those deep throws that UNI's receivers just went up and got too. Overall a very good win against a decent FCS team. Will be interesting to see how UNI plays the rest of the way.

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agree that first, third and fourth quarters were darn good football. Loved the final TD, finally taking a tough opponent all the way down.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    ... Overall a very good win against a decent FCS team. Will be interesting to see how UNI plays the rest of the way.
    Despite having more than one loss on this years schedule, UNI has shown that when they play their best they are better than a 'decent FCS team', IMO. They pushed Iowa State into triple OT - a game they could have won. That Iowa State Team is 4-2, their two losses by a combined 3 points, with on of those losses to unbeaten Baylor. Iowa State is a very good FBS team this year. I am a little surprised UNI has as many losses as they do. They seem to be up-and-down. They get a quality win (or in ISU's case a quality loss), then lose a game it seems they should have won.

South Dakota State - also a really good team when playing their best. They could have (probably should have) beat Minnesota who is now 6-0 and will be 7-0 after playing Rutgers next week (unless winless Rutgers magically gets their game in order by next Saturday). The MVFC is a tough conference once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Despite having more than one loss on this years schedule, UNI has shown that when they play their best they are better than a 'decent FCS team', IMO. They pushed Iowa State into triple OT - a game they could have won. That Iowa State Team is 4-2, their two losses by a combined 3 points, with on of those losses to unbeaten Baylor. Iowa State is a very good FBS team this year. I am a little surprised UNI has as many losses as they do. They seem to be up-and-down. They get a quality win (or in ISU's case a quality loss), then lose a game it seems they should have won.

South Dakota State - also a really good team when playing their best. They could have (probably should have) beat Minnesota who is now 6-0 and will be 7-0 after playing Rutgers next week (unless winless Rutgers magically gets their game in order by next Saturday). The MVFC is a tough conference once again.
    Kyle Emmanuel mentioned something this morning on the Locker Room that is true. The FCS, in general, is inconsistent year in and year out. I would argue that although we have had one off game hear or there, we are the most consistent and that's why we win. Maybe just stating the obvious.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    Kyle Emmanuel mentioned something this morning on the Locker Room that is true. The FCS, in general, is inconsistent year in and year out. I would argue that although we have had one off game hear or there, we are the most consistent and that's why we win. Maybe just stating the obvious.
    Yes, maybe the obvious. NDSU has a "program" like New England has a "program." The team goals are greater than the individual goals. Players are brought on to contribute their particular piece to the overall process. That is why Belicheck can insert low draft picks and castoff veterans into the team and still get consistent results. Development of a process is greater than short-term FBS transfer fixes for long-term success.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post

You obviously haven't heard the JMU fans crying at the top of their lungs how NDSU is not that good this year, the MVFC is just down.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You obviously haven't heard the JMU fans crying at the top of their lungs how NDSU is not that good this year, the MVFC is just down.
    And I thought JSU fans cried a lot.

No way that uni quarterback is their starter for 4 years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 10-13-2019 at 01:17 AM.