Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Default Re: UNI Post Game Thoughts & Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Despite having more than one loss on this years schedule, UNI has shown that when they play their best they are better than a 'decent FCS team', IMO. They pushed Iowa State into triple OT - a game they could have won. That Iowa State Team is 4-2, their two losses by a combined 3 points, with on of those losses to unbeaten Baylor. Iowa State is a very good FBS team this year. I am a little surprised UNI has as many losses as they do. They seem to be up-and-down. They get a quality win (or in ISU's case a quality loss), then lose a game it seems they should have won.

South Dakota State - also a really good team when playing their best. They could have (probably should have) beat Minnesota who is now 6-0 and will be 7-0 after playing Rutgers next week (unless winless Rutgers magically gets their game in order by next Saturday). The MVFC is a tough conference once again.
    You obviously haven't heard the JMU fans crying at the top of their lungs how NDSU is not that good this year, the MVFC is just down.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    You obviously haven't heard the JMU fans crying at the top of their lungs how NDSU is not that good this year, the MVFC is just down.
    And I thought JSU fans cried a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I'd like to hear your take on Sproles getting his helmet ripped off his head while being tackled not being a penalty and also on one play a bison got pushed out of bounds by a uni player then uni 94 jumped on top of the bison 3 yards out of bounds how that's not a penalty?

To me those are the flags that need to be thrown to prevent an injury from happening. That's how you clean up football. Don't let crap like that happen. Those two plays being allowed is also what makes that punt penalty so frustrating.
    I agree with both of your calls or lack there of. The pile on by 94 could have been flagged and no one would have been upset by that. But that is correct of how a game gets cleaned up. The helmet ripped off should have been for lack of a better word a face mask penalty. This can as always with UNI was chippy from the start.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It was 18-14 when I tuned in. Got my hopes up. Then, ugh! Just another painful trip to Fargo.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Trey with a helmet sticker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7eU...outu.be&t=1835

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Well I guess this answers my question PL.

NDSU's Schoening Named Valley Football Offensive Lineman of the Week http://gobison.com//news/2019/10/14/...-the-week.aspx

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I don't remember the play where the runner's helmet came off. Helmets pop off all the time because players don't always wear them tight enough. Unless you saw the defender grab a helmet opening (face mask, ear hole, outside edge) you can't flag it for a face mask personal foul. This sometimes happens in a pile of players or the covering official is shielded from the helmet of the runner. You can't guess that it was pulled off.

I think I saw the play by 94 you are talking about. It jumped out at me live as a possible hit out of bounds. The runner was going up the sideline with him behind the runner. There was another defender between 94 and the runner who legally hit the runner near the sideline and rode him out of bounds. The contact by 94 appeared to be while the runner was out of bounds, but all his contact was against his teammate. I assumed that was why the official passed. Doesn't mean he was right or he will be graded as a correct call, but that's what I saw on video.
    From replay in dome it wasn't real clear, definitely not a facemask that was grabbed but appeared to me he got his fingers inside the edge in the eyes area of the helmet where it is a bit wider gap. Somehow in the process off the tackle he was able to pull on that edge hard enough that when Sproles bounced his helmet popped off but it wasn't an obvious pull and only seeing one replay in dome and I haven't gone back and watched TV broadcast. Sproles didn't get up for awhile but he did trot off the field and did return to the game, so obviously something didn't feel good for him for awhile. My memory may be bad on this as I kind of moved on and didn't think much of it I guess.

Not saying it should have been called one way or another. just his hand placement in live action I thought it was a facemask but then saw the replay wasn't really sure after that.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    From replay in dome it wasn't real clear, definitely not a facemask that was grabbed but appeared to me he got his fingers inside the edge in the eyes area of the helmet where it is a bit wider gap. Somehow in the process off the tackle he was able to pull on that edge hard enough that when Sproles bounced his helmet popped off but it wasn't an obvious pull and only seeing one replay in dome and I haven't gone back and watched TV broadcast. Sproles didn't get up for awhile but he did trot off the field and did return to the game, so obviously something didn't feel good for him for awhile. My memory may be bad on this as I kind of moved on and didn't think much of it I guess.
    That hemet was ripped off.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    That hemet was ripped off.
    Agreed it sure was.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

That officiating crew was just not interested in throwing many flags at all. I was worried things might get out of hand considering it was NDSU vs UNI.