Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDU vs. Northern Iowa

Default Re: GDT: NDU vs. Northern Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Proving Dmitri shouldve stayed as a slot WR
    Good point....
    Question....would the offense be better by playoffs moving him back if he'd be good with it

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Seems so.

No, it's not just him. Our section of fans was both laughing hysterically and shaking our heads at her clothing choice. She needs someone like Karen from "Will and Grace" to tell her "oh honey, that dress is horrible."

Her new nickname is Biscuits. Just imagine the sound of when you open a can of biscuits...that's the same sound you hear when she gets undressed.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    No, it's not just him. Our section of fans was both laughing hysterically and shaking our heads at her clothing choice. She needs someone like Karen from "Will and Grace" to tell her "oh honey, that dress is horrible."

Her new nickname is Biscuits. Just imagine the sound of when you open a can of biscuits...that's the same sound you hear when she gets undressed.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Does anyone who watches on espn+ have to deal with frequent freezing? I don’t know if I should blame espn or kvly. It’s not my internet.
    Its the only way I can watch. Havent had any issues with the bison streams this year (didnt get to watch the UC davis game) but i have streamed from my phone directly and from my home and its been fine for me

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by LongLostAlum View Post
    I dumped my espn+ a couple of weeks ago. It worked fine for all of last year, but beginning this year it became dysfunctional, and their tech support was of no help at all.

Whether or not the issue is my cable provider, kvly, espn+, or my own tech incompetence, I don't know. All I know is that it didn't work.
    Yes, it freezes for an instant all the time gradually falling further and further behind the radio commentary eventually becoming minutes behind. It will get back in sync if you restart, but then it fall behind again. I think the problem is ESPN+ technical problems.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was able to stream the game just fine from my IPhone 5 at 0400 in Guam while lying in bed using my cellular network. Yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Yes, it freezes for an instant all the time gradually falling further and further behind the radio commentary eventually becoming minutes behind. It will get back in sync if you restart, but then it fall behind again. I think the problem is ESPN+ technical problems.
    I have had ESPN+ since NDSU committed to the platform. I have had zero problems with them during this period. It is far more likely that the issue resides in the path between the ESPN server farm (and I'd be willing to bet that is spelled AWS) and your terminal device. That means either a) internet backbone switching (extremely unlikely), b) your ISP (quite likely especially if you are at all rural or sparsely populated area) or c) your internal network (the most likely). Go to http://speedtest.net and run the test by pressing the big GO button. It will test your latency, download speed and upload speed and report these to you. If your latency is high (> 100 ms let's say) or your download speed is < 10 Mbps then you have an issue with the service you are signed up for or your modem or the line to your house.

Another way to isolate the cause is if you have smartphone with good cell service then turn off the wifi on your phone and stream the game on the ESPN app on the phone using your cell tower signal. Do you see the same problems here? If you have a good solid LTE cell signal then you won't.

Again the most likely cause of this buffering you are experiencing in order of probability (increasing) is:

1. Your internal network (house)
    2. Your ISP
    3. ESPN (AWS)
    4. The internet backbone itself.

Oh and a quick Google search just validated my assumption regarding ESPN hosting its product with AWS. Indeed they do as you can see here: https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-...-on-Amazon-AWS

I omitted another possibility which would be feed problems at the game site itself but if it were this then we would all be experiencing that.
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 10-13-2019 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Omitted game venue feed problems

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Thanks. Your description sounds exactly like what is happening for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I have had ESPN+ since NDSU committed to the platform. I have had zero problems with them during this period. It is far more likely that the issue resides in the path between the ESPN server farm (and I'd be willing to bet that is spelled AWS) and your terminal device. That means either a) internet backbone switching (extremely unlikely), b) your ISP (quite likely especially if you are at all rural or sparsely populated area) or c) your internal network (the most likely). Go to http://speedtest.net and run the test by pressing the big GO button. It will test your latency, download speed and upload speed and report these to you. If your latency is high (> 100 ms let's say) or your download speed is < 10 Mbps then you have an issue with the service you are signed up for or your modem or the line to your house.

Another way to isolate the cause is if you have smartphone with good cell service then turn off the wifi on your phone and stream the game on the ESPN app on the phone using your cell tower signal. Do you see the same problems here? If you have a good solid LTE cell signal then you won't.

Again the most likely cause of this buffering you are experiencing in order of probability (increasing) is:

1. Your internal network (house)
    2. Your ISP
    3. ESPN (AWS)
    4. The internet backbone itself.

Oh and a quick Google search just validated my assumption regarding ESPN hosting its product with AWS. Indeed they do as you can see here: https://www.quora.com/How-much-does-...-on-Amazon-AWS

I omitted another possibility which would be feed problems at the game site itself but if it were this then we would all be experiencing that.
    Thanks for the tips. I may check into these but I really doubt the problem is on my end because I never have problems streaming other programming from ESPN (gameday, sportscenter) or Netflix/amazon prime; only with Bison games. I’ve run speed tests in the past and everything seems good. Might just have to give espn a call and complain.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Thanks. Your description sounds exactly like what is happening for me.

Thanks for the tips. I may check into these but I really doubt the problem is on my end because I never have problems streaming other programming from ESPN (gameday, sportscenter) or Netflix/amazon prime; only with Bison games. I’ve run speed tests in the past and everything seems good. Might just have to give espn a call and complain.
    Are you running wired or wireless connections? I saw massive improvements when I switched everything over to wired.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Are you running wired or wireless connections? I saw massive improvements when I switched everything over to wired.
    I’m chromecasting from my phone to my TV. Come to think of it, I don’t know if this was happening when I was just watching on my phone/iPad. Maybe it’s a problem with chromecast. But I guess that doesn’t explain why other espn programming works fine because I cast that stuff too.