Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: XFL Player Pool

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default XFL Player Pool

    https://nfltraderumors.co/early-list..._NbZzY6ESTJLnM

    A preliminary player pool for the XFL was leaked. The full pool will not be finalized until Friday, but the only NDSU guy listed so far is James Fisher. Actually the Missouri Valley isnít well represented at all. I was hoping Tre Dempsey, CJ Smith, Lance Dunn, Rob Grimsley, or Tanner Volson would give it a go. It seems like a lot of our football players move on pretty quickly after one or two failed NFL shots and I am wondering if it is because most of them are set up for gigs outside of football after college.

    Interesting to note that John Santiago is listed as a WR in the player pool.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    Maybe nobody wants to be part of the dumpster fire this will turn out to be, just like the last time. Players can get paid as little as $5k per game.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Fargodome and BSA
    Posts
    830

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    It seems like a lot of our football players move on pretty quickly after one or two failed NFL shots and I am wondering if it is because most of them are set up for gigs outside of football after college.
    Maybe because they got an actual degree they can use in case football doesn't ultimately work out.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Maybe because they got an actual degree they can use in case football doesn't ultimately work out.
    The benefits of not declaring early and putting an emphasis on STUDENT athlete.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    your mom
    Posts
    6,238

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Maybe because they got an actual degree they can use in case football doesn't ultimately work out.
    Well 70% of them have a degree

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    22,559
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    This will be a huge fail
    Can no longer get Geu in.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    28,109

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Maybe nobody wants to be part of the dumpster fire this will turn out to be, just like the last time. Players can get paid as little as $5k per game.
    For a player who wants to keep playing 5k a game isnt bad.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    State of Missery
    Posts
    1,697
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    A job is unlikely to pay more than $1k a week.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This will be a huge fail
    I agree

    It failed before and it may have had a tiny chance of surviving this time if it wasnt for the AAF. There is no chance since the AAF failed midseason. I doubt anyone would want to invest any time in the XFL because they will assume it will go under like the AAF.
    The fella that watches the CFL

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: XFL Player Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    I agree

    It failed before and it may have had a tiny chance of surviving this time if it wasnt for the AAF. There is no chance since the AAF failed midseason. I doubt anyone would want to invest any time in the XFL because they will assume it will go under like the AAF.
    While I have doubts that the XFL can succeed, it is not in the same league as the AFL. The AFL was a shit show of poor management. They didn’t even have the proper investments. Most of the league was run on hopes and dreams. The XFL has a much more solid investment with better connections for tv deals and endorsements. It will be a tough sell if the product on the field isn’t good, but they have a much more solid foundation IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •