Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XFL Player Pool

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default XFL Player Pool

https://nfltraderumors.co/early-list..._NbZzY6ESTJLnM

A preliminary player pool for the XFL was leaked. The full pool will not be finalized until Friday, but the only NDSU guy listed so far is James Fisher. Actually the Missouri Valley isn’t well represented at all. I was hoping Tre Dempsey, CJ Smith, Lance Dunn, Rob Grimsley, or Tanner Volson would give it a go. It seems like a lot of our football players move on pretty quickly after one or two failed NFL shots and I am wondering if it is because most of them are set up for gigs outside of football after college.

Interesting to note that John Santiago is listed as a WR in the player pool.

taper is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: XFL Player Pool

Maybe nobody wants to be part of the dumpster fire this will turn out to be, just like the last time. Players can get paid as little as $5k per game.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    It seems like a lot of our football players move on pretty quickly after one or two failed NFL shots and I am wondering if it is because most of them are set up for gigs outside of football after college.
    Maybe because they got an actual degree they can use in case football doesn't ultimately work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Maybe because they got an actual degree they can use in case football doesn't ultimately work out.
    The benefits of not declaring early and putting an emphasis on STUDENT athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Well 70% of them have a degree

This will be a huge fail

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Maybe nobody wants to be part of the dumpster fire this will turn out to be, just like the last time. Players can get paid as little as $5k per game.
    For a player who wants to keep playing 5k a game isnt bad.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A job is unlikely to pay more than $1k a week.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This will be a huge fail
    I agree

It failed before and it may have had a tiny chance of surviving this time if it wasnt for the AAF. There is no chance since the AAF failed midseason. I doubt anyone would want to invest any time in the XFL because they will assume it will go under like the AAF.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    I agree

It failed before and it may have had a tiny chance of surviving this time if it wasnt for the AAF. There is no chance since the AAF failed midseason. I doubt anyone would want to invest any time in the XFL because they will assume it will go under like the AAF.
    While I have doubts that the XFL can succeed, it is not in the same league as the AFL. The AFL was a shit show of poor management. They didn’t even have the proper investments. Most of the league was run on hopes and dreams. The XFL has a much more solid investment with better connections for tv deals and endorsements. It will be a tough sell if the product on the field isn’t good, but they have a much more solid foundation IMO.