Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU v UNI - Homecoming Rivalry Week!

Default Re: NDSU v UNI - Homecoming Rivalry Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Burrows View Post
    High

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    already bet down to ndsu -19

vegas/books always push ndsu about 5-6 points ahead of where it should be, because they have gotten burned so many times in the fbs games and games in general with ndsu.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Burrows View Post
    With the weather coming, would they ever postpone? Doubt they would refund anything on season ticket? What is policy on this sort of thing?
    Nebraska-Omaha was scheduled to play NDSU at Dacotah Field on Nov 2, 1991. A major winter storm hit the upper Midwest, but mostly south of Fargo beginning Thursday of that week. I was living in the Twin Cities at the time and we received nearly three feet of snow there. UNO was making the trip via bus and got stranded somewhere in SD. On Friday it was announced the game was moved to Sunday afternoon. By Saturday morning it was apparent that this wouldn't be possible either and the conference cancelled ALL games that weekend. Northern Colorado had flown into Grand Forks with no problems on Friday and the NCC cancelled that game also, even though Grand Forks missed the storm.

I don't remember if there was any refund.

533 In a row

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

We're not messing around for this one. Pulling the kids out of school and heading down tonight. Some will attend a wedding Saturday. One won't. Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    We're not messing around for this one. Pulling the kids out of school and heading down tonight. Some will attend a wedding Saturday. One won't. Go Bison!
    A Man with a plan. Good for you. Last night my girlfriend asked if we would make the game on Saturday due to weather? I said well I will make the game not sure what you are doing. lol Plus I said you better make it or I have to find someone to go to Vikes/Eagles game with me on Sunday. She just glared at me. This is her first season of tailgating and going to games. She is not a big fan of tailgating in cold wet weather.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Watched a little bit of the UNI vs Youngstown game. That QB for the Panthers is tiny!! I will say he made an athletic play and threw a nice TD pass during the short time I watched, but I'm not overly impressed with the freshman...again, a small sample size. I like our chances against him during his first trip to the FFD.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Hopefully uni heads to Fargo sometime today as well. Lee timmerman you just wait in Bismarck for a bit. Think you might miss it anyways.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    Watched a little bit of the UNI vs Youngstown game. That QB for the Panthers is tiny!! I will say he made an athletic play and threw a nice TD pass during the short time I watched, but I'm not overly impressed with the freshman...again, a small sample size. I like our chances against him during his first trip to the FFD.
    Their offense isn't going to scare anyone. Of the 124 FCS teams the NCAA tracks for stats they're 90th in yards per play (4.99), 106th in yards per carry (2.91), and 48th in passing efficiency (126.98).

Based on the little bits I've watched of them their QB likes to take shots down the field which means they'll have a puncher's chance of hitting a few explosive plays but they aren't going to sustain drives against the Bison defense. I think the only chance they have is to get a special teams or defensive score (or two).

Their defense is stout though (I know... Illinois St was supposed to have a stout defense also). I could see UNI turning it into a rock fight a la the 2015 quarterfinals. Hopefully the Bison offense is up to the challenge (again).

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Nebraska-Omaha was scheduled to play NDSU at Dacotah Field on Nov 2, 1991. A major winter storm hit the upper Midwest, but mostly south of Fargo beginning Thursday of that week. I was living in the Twin Cities at the time and we received nearly three feet of snow there. UNO was making the trip via bus and got stranded somewhere in SD. On Friday it was announced the game was moved to Sunday afternoon. By Saturday morning it was apparent that this wouldn't be possible either and the conference cancelled ALL games that weekend. Northern Colorado had flown into Grand Forks with no problems on Friday and the NCC cancelled that game also, even though Grand Forks missed the storm.

I don't remember if there was any refund.
    Interesting, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Larson is on 970 right now... talking about future scheduling.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Matt Larson is on 970 right now... talking about future scheduling.
    any tidbits?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!