Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I thought it looked like the other guy was faster. Ty isn’t exactly a distance runner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That guy was a burner. He didnt just slowly catch up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    He definitely was winded on that run or something else was up. Maybe an injury?
    Yah, he did look tired, but the guy who caught him was Jarrell Jackson, a kid who ran a 4.36 forty at the Nike event in 2015. Jackson could run down almost any RB in the country not named Chuba Hubbard.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t think it’s just that play. Brooks just looks slower than a couple years ago. I’m guessing plenty of dbs could run him down. He still has a good initial burst

Just the difference between quick and fast and he might have been a little tired after the last big run.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Just the difference between quick and fast and he might have been a little tired after the last big run.
    This, he is quick and gets to top speed fast but it's not a burner at too speed.

Pretty sure that as someone else pointed out during the game he was cramping up on that run. You can see him markedly slow down just five to ten yards before he is caught. That is why it looked like the tackler closed so quickly. When Ty came to the sideline he sat down on the bench and a trainer immediately opened a packet and game him a couple of tablets from it and water. Salt tablets perhaps? Clearly visible on the TV coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Pretty sure that as someone else pointed out during the game he was cramping up on that run. You can see him markedly slow down just five to ten yards before he is caught. That is why it looked like the tackler closed so quickly. When Ty came to the sideline he sat down on the bench and a trainer immediately opened a packet and game him a couple of tablets from it and water. Salt tablets perhaps? Clearly visible on the TV coverage.
    I'm sure that's true. I still think he's quicker than fast though, you could see that on other plays in past games. Honestly, I think it's more important to be quick than fast for a RB in football, so that's a good thing.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

I wouldn’t worry about Brooks’ speed. Everyone can have a heavy legs day. That turf last week wasn’t what he likes. It was tough on everyone really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    This, he is quick and gets to top speed fast but it's not a burner at too speed.
    Yep, not sure he made the state final in the 100 his senior year at South and his teammate JJ did. Nobody's going to claim Ty isn't the better open field runner though.

I'm sure that's true. I still think he's quicker than fast though, you could see that on other plays in past games. Honestly, I think it's more important to be quick than fast for a RB in football, so that's a good thing.
    He has a great burst for sure and I agree that being quick is not a bad thing.
    Don't believe everything you think.