Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Default Re: ISU-Red Post Game Thoughts/Discussion.

Weirdest thing today, and this is nitpicking for sure but we should have had at least 3 picks that went through the DBs hands. Jimmy, Tutsie and Quis are usually sure handed but they all missed one and a couple could have been to the house

Bridges knocked that one down that would have gone right into Hendricks hands. But ya, rare to see Tutsie let one drop through.

ISU's struggles since Frisco compared to NDSU is a perfect example of transfer culture vs developmental culture. Sure you might catch lightning in a bottle for a couple years with one class with some talented players, but it is very difficult to maintain that level year after year with transfers.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd be curious to know how much of yesterday's results were due to mentality. All the metrics say that ISUr had a stout run defense. Our O line is damn good but it's not elite P5 level good. However, we ran on them at will and would have had the same results yesterday with Bama or Clemson's front five. Even Spack was at a total loss in the press conference.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That’s why I’d dont listen to teams when they say that their OL is huge and their LBs are 230-250 lbs. All of them sucked as far as I’m concerned. Yes we say that we have a big OL and average 315 at 6’5” but they are athletic. Not 330+ and fat and slow. Also having slow 250 pound LBs doesn’t help much in coverage and apparently do not help much in stopping the run when they are slow.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    That’s why I’d dont listen to teams when they say that their OL is huge and their LBs are 230-250 lbs. All of them sucked as far as I’m concerned. Yes we say that we have a big OL and average 315 at 6’5” but they are athletic. Not 330+ and fat and slow. Also having slow 250 pound LBs doesn’t help much in coverage and apparently do not help much in stopping the run when they are slow.
    These are excellent points. As maligned as two thirds of our LB corps is here on BV, 220lb Hankey and 212lb Merc did their part to a T in stopping what all agree is a first class MVFC RB for the Redbirds. Now Jabril is a different animal.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    Oh he was in the end zone for sure. Unanimous among my folks. Bison knew it too, but didn’t give a F and made the stand. Calls go both ways all the time. Wouldn’t have mattered overall but that showed a real extra toughness from the Bison D.
    My thoughts were that he was in to, but based on the camera angle that the refs have (not the same as ours) they may not have had enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

HeroSports: "James Madison this weekend was punched in the mouth but survived in overtime to beat a rankable Stony Brook team". Really, 'rankable' is higher rated than beating the #6 ranked team?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    HeroSports: "James Madison this weekend was punched in the mouth but survived in overtime to beat a rankable Stony Brook team". Really, 'rankable' is higher rated than beating the #6 ranked team?
    What? Where does it say that rankable is the same or better than #6? Rankable would mean top 25 by definition. I think you misread or have trouble seeing through your green and gold glasses.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

We're going to go ahead and iron on the 59 to the bison Halloween costume for the 3 year old.

Lardsin must go!