Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Thomas to FCS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: St. Thomas to FCS

With UCF’s loss to Cincinnati tonight maybe the AAC should just drop them and we can be int the P6!!! #makingnoise
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Cant believe NDSU is in same football division as St Thomas....

just embarassing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by everybody knows my name View Post
    NDSU should go to the Big 12. I've been saying it for years. It's a perfect fit because none of the other Big 12 schools have hockey programs either.
    Best logic I have seen. Heck we are in the conference for wrestling... I am sure our invite is coming within the next week or so.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    I think this is a good thing.

If they have a plan to fund football I see no problem with them in the valley.
    Disagree, we are basically Minnesota's FCS program. How is it going to help us to have a new in state program that is filthy rich to recruit against?

Brooks off tackle is my favorite run.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Disagree, we are basically Minnesota's FCS program. How is it going to help us to have a new in state program that is filthy rich to recruit against?
    Not sure I agree that just cuz they are filthy rich that we will lose recruits- we win recruiting battles against other geographies that already have FCS and FBS programs, we win recruits against schools that have more financial benefits than us, that come from larger markets, beating out FBS schools on offers.
    It’s going to be just like recruiting against UND for instate recruits in that if Minnesota kids just want to go play football at some school then go play at St Thomas, but if you want to play at a school with tradition, for championships, learn to be a better player and smaller scale NFL pipeline then come to NDSU - and if that doesn’t resonate with a recruit then maybe that’s not a kid we want in our program.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

I think the conference will dictate the level of play and recruit talent. I’m not worried.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    This might be just the way you worded it, but SIU, WIU, and ISUb are not additions. They have been in the MVFC from the beginning, 1985-1986. Missouri State joined in 2005.

I’m guessing you mean to say that St. Thomas would be a better addition than these teams are CURRENTLY?

SIU, of course, has been a major FCS power in the past. (until Lennon and Bubba worked their magic, that is. ).

I also note that you apparently don’t think St. Thomas would be a better addition than UND?
    Yes, obviously I mean that St Thomas is better than those teams CURRENTLY.

Umm yes I think UND, who was currently DI, who is already providing scholarships to their players, who are well within the footprint of the conference, with ample history with over half the league, with FCS well above average facilities across the board, is a better fit than a DIII school with virtually none of those things (except for the footprint comment).
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yes, obviously I mean that St Thomas is better than those teams CURRENTLY.

Umm yes I think UND, who was currently DI, who is already providing scholarships to their players, who are well within the footprint of the conference, with ample history with over half the league, with FCS well above average facilities across the board, is a better fit than a DIII school with virtually none of those things (except for the footprint comment).
    Honestly, I hope they go MVFC just for the pure entertainment factor (even though its extraordinarily improbable). I think they'd be a legitimate top 10 team in no time flat.

More than Likely, as we all agree, they will probably go Pioneer, but I dont think that would be a long term home for them. Would probably try and join MVFC within a few years. But probably just end up replacing NDSU if/when we ever jump to FBS
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Maybe St. Thomas will start a coalition to force NDSU out. UN_ will be right there to follow suit. Gentle snowflakes of purple.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS