Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NDSU Football 2018 Season Highlight

Default Re: NDSU Football 2018 Season Highlight

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Forgot how close so many conference games were that season.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This actually made me feel a bit better about this season. Or maybe worse, lol. Really thought it helped me remember that even our best teams had close games and last years undefeated team had some close ones too. Point being I've been worried that we may only beat teams by small margins in conference play and what that means for the playoffs. In some weird way watching this video calmed that fear a bit.

Now we just have to win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    It seems to happen every year where one or a lot more than one person says something along the lines of "This team just doesn't have the same look as past championship teams". It seems like once a team wins the title we as fans forget their warts. They all had them... even the 2013 and 2018 teams but whatever this year's team has for warts are the ones we seem to recognize/remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It seems to happen every year where one or a lot more than one person says something along the lines of "This team just doesn't have the same look as past championship teams". It seems like once a team wins the title we as fans forget their warts. They all had them... even the 2013 and 2018 teams but whatever this year's team has for warts are the ones we seem to recognize/remember.
    I'd pay money to watch 2013 vs 2018. My money would be on 13.

Can't help but think having this video up on Youtube will definitely help with recruiting... not saying it will get 1M views, but if an athlete is interested in NDSU, these season highlights might get them excited to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Would be a fun matchup that's for sure. I posted a statistical breakdown of each this summer: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...9-2013-vs-2018

In short the 2018 offense was better but the 2013 defense was better (and 2013 probably had a special teams edge as well). There would be a metric ton of Bison HoFers on that theoretical field that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Forgot how close so many conference games were that season.
    The "recency effect" colors our recollection with the way they blew everyones doors off through the playoffs.

Another thing on this that I think would be fun is if Wentz does his charity softball game again in Fargo in a future summer 2-3 years from now that they have players from the 2013 era team vs players from the 2018 era team (wouldn't hurt to sprinkle in a few older guys too on each team). See which team has to take their first L and see who gets the D1 supremacy bragging rights.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    This actually made me feel a bit better about this season. Or maybe worse, lol. Really thought it helped me remember that even our best teams had close games and last years undefeated team had some close ones too. Point being I've been worried that we may only beat teams by small margins in conference play and what that means for the playoffs. In some weird way watching this video calmed that fear a bit.

Now we just have to win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Exactly what I was thinking. Even years of domination in the win loss record have had their challenges. Key has always been to grow throughout the season and hit the playoffs like a juggernaut. This year is going to be a fun ride to see how it all shakes out unless you are someone who expects blowouts every game to be satisfied.

Man, that was really good. I didn't really plant to sit and watch an hour long youtube video this morning but I started it and couldn't stop.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Long sustained-run the clock drives vs see Bruce run/throw to shep would be fun
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Another thing on this that I think would be fun is if Wentz does his charity softball game again in Fargo in a future summer 2-3 years from now that they have players from the 2013 era team vs players from the 2018 era team (wouldn't hurt to sprinkle in a few older guys too on each team). See which team has to take their first L and see who gets the D1 supremacy bragging rights.
    I like that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk