Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Womens BB New beginning

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Womens BB New beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Is it sage to assume that the rest of the team will be playing and no one "red shirting". Heaven is out do to transfer correct?
    There is some nice height on the team. Hope these ladies can turn the corner and improve. If a team is not contending for a conference title, one of the ways to measure success is, does the team improve throughout the season. If they are better at the end vs at the beginning is a good sign. They better be better than they have been, period.
    I don't think being better than the last 8 years should be that big of a challenge. But then again, we've said that before with other teams.

So simply sit back and watch for now.

Some pretty telling comments in this article on Bison Report.

"At first, it was kind of scary, because you had no idea what to expect,” said Nudell. “Then afterward, we were like, 'oh, this is probably how a real Division I practice should be run.' It was comforting in coming to the realization that this is how it's going to be."

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

"At first, it was kind of scary, because you had no idea what to expect,” said Nudell. “Then afterward, we were like, 'oh, this is probably how a real Division I practice should be run.' It was comforting in coming to the realization that this is how it's going to be."
    That sounds great that the players are all buying in to what the new staff wants to do. They sound committed to turning this around and now need to go compete to do it. This season is going to be exciting for the players, coaches and fans. Go Bison.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I was coming here say the same thing. That is a pretty messed up comment and it really makes you hope things can finally turn around.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Lmfao, good riddance whatever your name was whoused 2 coach the team (I'm drawing a blank)______good luck "Jordy"' dont 4get about Amy! She's always there 2 help u son!

Well if you base an opinion on 1 game, it will be a long season, but I am sure he will improve the defense. I looked around, almost expecting to see Walseth sitting watching the team she is getting paid to not coach...

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Well if you base an opinion on 1 game, it will be a long season, but I am sure he will improve the defense. I looked around, almost expecting to see Walseth sitting watching the team she is getting paid to not coach...
    Dude idk if you’ve been watching the last ten years but a 37 point win over ANYONE is a good step forward, especially with a new coaching staff. Last year we would’ve been lucky to win by double digits.

We beat Mayville State by 6 last year

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Dude idk if you’ve been watching the last ten years but a 37 point win over ANYONE is a good step forward, especially with a new coaching staff. Last year we would’ve been lucky to win by double digits.

We beat Mayville State by 6 last year
    I was not at the game but followed it on the radio. It appeared in the second half we rebounded better. Shot over 55% for the game and after a 0-6 start on 3's at 43%. As mentioned out rebounded them by 14. Had 14 turnovers and that needs to better, but last year they probably averaged 20 a game. I see many bright spots after just one game and this is going to be a solid year for the program.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

that #5 freshman w 18 points looked sharp
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Second half showed focus and improvement in the two aspects that were troubling during the first half: fronting up and blocking out. Hence the tale of two halves. Positive development: moving well without the ball, resulting in easy buckets. Also, Cobbins is a ballplayer. Does not look like a freshman out there.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk