Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Womens BB New beginning

Default Re: Womens BB New beginning

Talk about a frustrating stretch of basketball. Turn overs, missed free throws and horrendous shooting from outside the 3 point line and they gave that game away. I had not turned on a Bison women's game in quite a while, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the girls were put in position to succeed and plays were there and drawn up well, execution was just not where it needs to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Talk about a frustrating stretch of basketball. Turn overs, missed free throws and horrendous shooting from outside the 3 point line and they gave that game away. I had not turned on a Bison women's game in quite a while, I was pleasantly surprised at how well the girls were put in position to succeed and plays were there and drawn up well, execution was just not where it needs to be.
    Just think, if this was a Walseth coached team, and when NDSU fell behind, that would have been the score at half, and remained the same. Now they fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Just think, if this was a Walseth coached team, and when NDSU fell behind, that would have been the score at half, and remained the same. Now they fight back.
    Exactly, They play a lot harder than they have. Just need to execute better and the wins will come.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Reagan Heun has left the team and went back home to Texas. Saw a tweet on this .
    Just saw on twitter this morning she was immediately eligible and played her first game for Tarleton State (played 14 minutes, scored 5 points) who is currently D2 but transitioning to D1 beginning in July. Sounds like she landed in a great spot.

Side note is Tarleton State will be joining the WAC for all sports except football which will become and FCS independent. 2 Straight undefeated regular seasons in football, could be a nice addition to FCS. Completely off topic I know but just a tidbit of info I learned this morning.

Man, when they got up 5 in the 2nd OT, I thought they had this thing won... but no lead is safe if you can't hit FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Man, when they got up 5 in the 2nd OT, I thought they had this thing won... but no lead is safe if you can't hit FTs.
    Correct or have the right ball handler, or make a last second shot on the ob play...Many reasons, however they are on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Correct or have the right ball handler, or make a last second shot on the ob play...Many reasons, however they are on the right track.
    That last out-of-bounds play that Coach drew up in the final timeout was a thing of beauty. The players executed it very well, and Nudell had a clean look.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

This will get fixed, so long as our new coach can recruit and coach. We haven't had anyone who can dribble and play defense since Brooke. I am hopeful that our coach is looking at those attributes first. Unlike MW who blindly goes off the continent to grab players who have zero concept of defense.

Another L at ORU tonight . and 4 more losses upcoming until they play IPFW.

NDSU is 1-12 and will be 1-16.

1 win by 6 vs a 3-11 new hampshire.

Not getting better, but maybe this year is about building only. bisonette?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Another L at ORU tonight . and 4 more losses upcoming until they play IPFW.

NDSU is 1-12 and will be 1-16.

1 win by 6 vs a 3-11 new hampshire.

Not getting better, but maybe this year is about building only. bisonette?
    Are you delusional? Wait I forgot who I'm talking to, of course you are. If you can't see this team is getting better, stop what ever you're taking! Last year we were blown out by most of the Summit, Oral Roberts was one of them on the road (101-72). This year they lose by 8.

As many have stated before, Jory is doing a fantastic job with what he has.
    FCS Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2014: Sams Rams 2015: Taper 2016: CalBison97 2017: JDZ 2018: Bookem 2019: MrPepBand 2020: ndsubison1 2021: MrPepBand 2022: HuskerBizon and gavin2126 2023: TransAmBison
    FBS G5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2023: KSBisonFan
    FBS P5 Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: BraxtonT 2021: TransAmBison 2022: Taper 2023: oldmantutters
    NFL Survivor Pick Em Winners
    2019: HuskerBizon 2022: KSBisonFan 2023: MrPepBand