Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois State 10/5

Default Re: Illinois State 10/5

CBS Sports ranks NIU 94th in the FBS this year: which IMO is generous. They are not a good football team by any imagination. They handled the Redbirds just fine beating them 24-10. I think the Bison can match that and maybe score a few more points.

Their passing game was weak to begin with, Davis completion % is around 50, and he has 4 TD's and 4 int's, and with the loss of the top two receivers, this allows the Bison to take even more liberty in favor of run defense. James Robinson is very good and Davis himself is a weapon in the run game; that, coupled with the Bison weakness at two LB positions gives them a chance to score some TD's, but I would only give them two. Even if Brady Davis has his best game of the year....maybe three.

I think we are going to see some turnovers, so I'm going with 39-17 Bison win!

Curious about the health of Reinholz and Dawson Weber. Don't recall seeing Weber against UCD. Also, thought I heard Dmitri will be back for ISU?

Edit:. Weber was on the participation report. Just less reps than Delaware game.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 09-26-2019 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Correction
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like Cook is out for this game and possibly done for the season.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Sounds like Cook is out for this game and possibly done for the season.
    That sucks he seemed to be one of few DE with decent edge speed.

Coaches presser: Cook is done for the season. No surgery but takes nearly a full year to recover.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

The tale of the tape:

Looks like Illinois St's defense has been legit so far this season (even better than the Bison at stopping the run). Lance will need to be able to throw the ball efficiently to keep them honest. ISUr's offense though looks a bit shaky in the pass game. 34.5% 3rd down conversion rate and -4 turnover margin through 4 games aren't good. If the Bison are on their game this one could get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The tale of the tape:

Looks like Illinois St's defense has been legit so far this season (even better than the Bison at stopping the run). Lance will need to be able to throw the ball efficiently to keep them honest. ISUr's offense though looks a bit shaky in the pass game. 34.5% 3rd down conversion rate and -4 turnover margin through 4 games aren't good. If the Bison are on their game this one could get out of hand.
    Their QB can be extremely hot and cold. He’s looked pretty solid this year against NAU, but much less so in other games. If they can’t extend drives at the hand of the QB, it will be a long day for the RedBirds.

Bison open at 14-point favorites.
    Last edited by Stary2k11; 10-01-2019 at 03:46 AM.

NDSU opens -14. O/U 46.5

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    NDSU opens -14. O/U 46.5
    Implied projected score of 30-16
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Implied projected score of 30-16
    Won't be that close.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.