Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Lance missed a wide open TE down the seam that would have went for a 50+ yard TD. When I say missed, I mean he threw it behind the TE to the point that the TE couldn’t adjust and make the catch. We saw lots of back-shoulder passes by Lance that should have been front shoulder. He played tight IMO and that was the reason so many throws were off. His immaturity showed IOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Possible he ran wrong route.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Possible he ran wrong route.
    Nope, throw was off. Should have led him rather than being at back shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Nope, throw was off. Should have led him rather than being at back shoulder.
    Correct. Trey is young and will continue to grow . Those throws will not be missed later in year.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Correct. Trey is young and will continue to grow . Those throws will not be missed later in year.
    And that is one of my favorite parts about watching college ball. That play happened right in front of us. It should have been a TD. Watching a young team develop and seeing those situations become less and less is so enjoyable to watch. Definitely some growth on players and coaches that needs to happen and it will be fun to watch it progress.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    its the same reason why the last 3 NDSU qb's should've walked away with the Walter Payton award at least once, but they never did. NDSU is just held on a certain level of expectations. I didnt think itd be an 11 pt game. UC Davis had the chance at taking the lead in the 4th but threw a pick, and then another. no doubt NDSU will build off of this since theyre new at probably 80% of the positions.

but yea, NDSU vs the rest of FCS is just going to be judged more closely because of their prestige. Wouldnt doubt NDSU dropping 5 spots if/when they ever lose their first. its the way the media who actually follows FCS can help knock NDSU off of the pedestal
    Craig Haley of STATS did an article on this very topic last week that I thought was very good. He basically asked that exact question in case the Bison lost to UC Davis. I can’t find it now on their website but the drops were 3 to 5 spots as I recall. If the Bison were #1 they have dropped to #5 in the past, so you are spot on with your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Meh, if I'm wrong then so be it, but I'll put it out there and eat crow if need be when the time comes.

I wonder what this game looks like if the BJ doesn't defend that one pass? Or, if Trey leads 87 to his front shoulder on a ball he still should have caught early in the 1st?
    Or if the Refs would have let the offensive pass interference on the UCD screen pass go...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Or if the Refs would have let the offensive pass interference on the UCD screen pass go...
    Not to nit pick; but, it wasn't the BJ who got in the way of the pass...…..it was the umpire. The BJ would have been 30 yards farther down field. I am a back judge on a crew, so I must defend the honor of fellow BJ's . It's the code. Edit: this post was in response to Oldmantutters post. My bad.

A Lot will be known after the Bison play a MVFC team, especially on the road with back to back SDSU and Youngstown in late October. I like the Bison as a young squad but they appear a little young yet compared to years prior, lots of new starters for sure. I see this team losing 2-3 games but a chance to win any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Not to nit pick; but, it wasn't the BJ who got in the way of the pass...…..it was the umpire. The BJ would have been 30 yards farther down field. I am a back judge on a crew, so I must defend the honor of fellow BJ's . It's the code. Edit: this post was in response to Oldmantutters post. My bad.
    First there was a guy who said Carson Wentz should stop going to church and no there are people with problems against BJ's? What has happened to humanity?
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    First there was a guy who said Carson Wentz should stop going to church and no there are people with problems against BJ's? What has happened to humanity?
    I think Southcliff needs to get a tattoo that says "I'm a BJ" and be sure to get a pic to TAB.