Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Opie11 View Post
    Just got a chance to listen to their post game press conference and like the way the coach is looking at the future. Investing in facilities, recruiting players that may be FBS caliber and intending to sign them etc. Would be a fun team to see on the schedule somewhat regular basis. Maybe again this year in December or January?
    Don't know why he didn't make it at CU but he seems like a solid guy at HC to me. UCD program as a whole seemed like a class act. Definitely a good team to have in the FCS.

Poor culture. Have you ever been to Boulder?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Don't know why he didn't make it at CU but he seems like a solid guy at HC to me. UCD program as a whole seemed like a class act. Definitely a good team to have in the FCS.
    He was bad at CU, but UC-Davis is a good spot for him and the program. He's definitely taken them to a different level of play.

Not rip on the guy because he’s actually a pretty good dude, but his son, Cody, wasn’t the right guy for the QB position. Dan should have left him at Boise State (Cody had already accepted a scholarship there) as both probably would have had better careers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Probably a bit too blunt spoken for the tree hugger crowd in Boulder.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Probably a bit too blunt spoken for the tree hugger crowd in Boulder.
    Blunt, ha ha I see what you did there

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Blunt, ha ha I see what you did there

I worked in Idaho when he was head nut, him and the entire sports talk radio hacked on North Dakota always

Of course that before the latest run, but man some real flipping negative nellies there

Have no desire to ever be in Idaho again

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    I am a glass half full guy. I would prefer to beat a top 5 team in a contested game and get the chance to identify issues than to lose to a top 5 team and still have to figure out where the issues are...FYI, I see the next 2 games as our chance to play a quality team and show we can learn from our mistakes...then throttle the bunnies two weeks later.
    I'm pretty sure that if NDSU had lost to UCD that the coaches wouldn't be bewildered at to why. Winning or losing doesn't affect a coaches ability to "figure out where the issues are". Sorry.

Not a great game by NDSU, I was disappointed and underwhelmed.

if this is the low spot for the 2019 season, then i'll be cool with that.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Not a great game by NDSU, I was disappointed and underwhelmed.

if this is the low spot for the 2019 season, then i'll be cool with that.
    Unpopular opinion: This team will be better off come playoff time if they drop a game in the regular season. Young team... young coaching staff... saw the same thing in 2014 where the winning streak became a burden and players were more relieved than happy when they won a game (thinking back to that win in Macomb in 2014 when Klieman had to remind them postgame that they won).