Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    The team looked young and played flat and we still won by 11

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Agree with the win by 11 part but take issue with the rest. I thought our guys played really hard, like they were well coached but executed imperfectly. They were anything but flat.

On the other hand UC Davis played very much like they deserve a #4 ranking or better. I had been scratching my head all week about how a #4 could be a 25 pt dog to the #1 and clearly they are/were not. They were also well prepared/coached to play in Fargo against the king of the hill.

Champions found a way to notch a W against a top 5 competitor and in the process learned a new set of things to work on in the two weeks before conference play ensues. Really happy for the team to get this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I always thought playing flat meant execution was less than desired?

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I thought it was a fun game.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I always thought playing flat meant execution was less than desired?

Well if that is your definition then perhaps it fits.

I have always though of playing flat as having less intense effort, playing at less than 100%, lack of interest/desire. Those things I did not see yesterday. I think you can play with very high intensity and give the requested 110% effort and still fail to execute.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    With the exception of Destin Talbert. He looked straight up lost at times. A performance like that is gonna test the kid’s mental fortitude early. Hopefully it helps him grow.
    Remember Robbie Grimsley at Montana? He got owned up and down. That's what I thought about yesterday. Hopefully that's experience he can use.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fun but a little frustrating with missed tackles, errant passes, dropped balls, penalties etc. I guess that's why they practice. Iron out that stuff and we are golden. Hopefully the team can learn from a win. Two weeks to prep for UNI. Unfortunately I think Farleys D will give us big problems.

When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What will be interesting to see is if there are a few teams in conference that think they’re QB can emulate what the UCD QBs did with the long passes and yards gained? Looking at you SDSU.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Well, this wasn’t a blow out so there should be no complaints about being bored.
    I do wish they would have continued to run the ball rather than throw when the run was working (coach later said they should have called it more)
    Two weeks to get ready for the grind of the MVFC. Who know how this will turn out as there has been a few surprises in the fcs.
    Davis had a number of players go down. It will be interesting to see them going forward as they truly were a top 5 team
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Remember Robbie Grimsley at Montana? He got owned up and down. That's what I thought about yesterday. Hopefully that's experience he can use.
    Champion was the one who got owned at Montana.

How about we actually had a 2 minute drive to end the first half and didn't just run out the clock. That was huge as we were able to get a fg before halftime. Our punting was really bad yesterday as well. A good win considering we didn't have our best game against a really good team.