Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    With the amount of starts we lost, and the quality of those starters...I think it weighs in...especially since it only puts us at #2. With the amount of starts we lost, I'm surprised we were #1 to start. I also think JMU will be a fair amount better than last year. There is no way JMU should have lost last year to Colgate...coach's head wasn't in the game.
    Sure, the coach might not have had his head in that game, but they also lost other games that year that caused them to be placed in the playoffs where they were to begin with. Was the coaches head in those games? JMU has a roster fully of juniors and seniors who have declined in the last two years. Maybe all that talent Mike Houston won with wasn't his own, now they have a new coach who is taking over a team that are not his guys either. And the school has not hired from within with either one.
    NDSU has had a very similar situation in the past with losing a huge senior class(20+) and what happened the next season. Only time will tell what is going to happen this season. And while this guy might have some knowledge and smarts about FCS football, his logic has flaws to it. JMU lost to a very average at best WV team this year while JMU dominated the lines of scrimmage. NDSU in the non championship season beat a ranked Iowa team and didn't win the championship. JMU is lucky the rankings do no take into account a loss to WV, pretty easy to beat your chest saying we played them close when there are no consequences for your loss.
    He also seems to take credit for his prediction that JMU would beat NDSU back in 2016 and treats his prediction in such a way to make it seem like he is right 99% of the time. I would like to know how many other times he has predicted a game (any games) and he was wrong. Even the guy who is a fan of the team with the longest losing streak in football can claim his prediction his team was going to win the game that breaks the streak. Lots of JMU fans predicted they were going to beat NDSU at the dome that year, but guess what, all those same fans and a lot more said JMU was going to win the championship against NDSU in 2017, how did that turn out........not to good.
    Bottom line is, national champ usually gets placed as the #1 team the next year, and they stay there until they get beat.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Maybe backwards thinking, but I could care less if anyone thinks JMU is #1. They are good, we know that. Rankings don't mean anything. Pump their tires and we'll keep working. I like our chances

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Hansen View Post
    Maybe backwards thinking, but I could care less if anyone thinks JMU is #1. They are good, we know that. Rankings don't mean anything. Pump their tires and we'll keep working. I like our chances
    Same with me. I could care less if we are ranked #2 right up until the championship games. It is the final ranking I care most about.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    He has a pretty good case...
    Some don’t understand that senior leadership is a major deal. They had a small senior class last year and now have a large one. A junior class taking over a team in-season is difficult. Now they are seniors. I don’t fault him for his thoughts/rankings. We are a young team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I guess the games will decide, not speculation. UC Davis team with a very good senior QB was a good indicator of a bright future. I think JMU is most likely very good, but year in and year out "sportswriters in the bigger markets want their predictions of "podunk NDSU and their flyover fans" to be true. It's infuriating to have deporables be champions without the necessary pedigrees.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It has to do with respect in regards to the program. Apparently 7 of last 8 titles and currently undefeated against better competition doesn’t garner as much of it as an FBS LOSS. And a 1 seed is “supposed” to have a bit easier path in the playoffs than the 2. It will obviously all shake out in due time, but as of now I don’t see what we’ve done to lose the #1 ranking. More importantly, I don’t see what JMU has done to earn it.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    It has to do with respect in regards to the program. Apparently 7 of last 8 titles and currently undefeated against better competition doesn’t garner as much of it as an FBS LOSS. And a 1 seed is “supposed” to have a bit easier path in the playoffs than the 2. It will obviously all shake out in due time, but as of now I don’t see what we’ve done to lose the #1 ranking. More importantly, I don’t see what JMU has done to earn it.
    If seeding happened right now, we would by #1.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

could care less

So you do care?

*couldn't
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If seeding happened right now, we would by #1.

Correct. Just pointing out the fact there is a difference between 1 and 2. At least a *cough* slight advantage.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Correct. Just pointing out the fact there is a difference between 1 and 2. At least a *cough* slight advantage.
    I bet it doesn’t matter whether the Bison are #1 or #2 seed. Their side of the bracket will be the tougher of the two regardless.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.