Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    I have no problem with NDSU talking about themselves as being superior. Seems they have been most years. I do have a problem with people attempting to discredit another teams win (Montana) because they happen to fall on the schedule one week later. What's wrong with just admitting Montana might also be pretty solid?
    Fact is Davis didnt execute nearly as well as they did against us. Montana looked good. I am sure the play of Montana had something to do with it.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 09-29-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Here's at least one STATS voter who was unimpressed with NDSU's performance against Bye and bumped JMU over them.

https://twitter.com/DLSmith93/status...943933440?s=19

He also happens to have #GoDukes in his Twitter profile.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Here's at least one STATS voter who was unimpressed with NDSU's performance against Bye and bumped JMU over them.

Central Arkansas must have played a tougher bye then NDSU.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Central Arkansas must have played a tougher bye then NDSU.
    Yep. We always seem to get the weakest bye's.....

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That guy is an entire fucking tool shed.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have no problem with NDSU talking about themselves as being superior. Seems they have been most years. I do have a problem with people attempting to discredit another teams win (Montana) because they happen to fall on the schedule one week later. What's wrong with just admitting Montana might also be pretty solid?
    Ok, different topic. We, well at least me, was referring to UC Davis’ disappointing performance and I was surprised by that. Davis was very impressive here in Fargo. Perhaps when you get to know certain posters personalities better you will realize some are not as serious (defensive?) as you seem to think.
    The Grizzly loss to Oregon had also been mentioned here on Bisonville. 35-3 loss by Montana to #15 Ducks. 30-12 margin in 1st downs, so no, not too impressive for Montana. Good for them to go to the west coast and beat Davis. Davis played well against Cal Berkeley in contrast. The Davis loss to Montana did surprise me, so yes, I wondered about a Bison hangover affect for Davis. Not every team is as deep as JMU or NDSU, so it has been mentioned where Davis had 5 players leave due to injury. Perhaps that played a factor, or the physical game, or less game prep, or none of the above, or whatever else we choose to chat about......
    And again, good for the Griz! I always enjoy one or both of Montana & Montana State being a factor in FCS.

I told you it would start happening, jmu has played 1 ranked team with terrible numbers

Its comical, can you imagine if someone with NDSU pics and shit all over their social media did that. Oh well that impressive loss to WV will secure them a #1 seed if it comes down to it...
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Come on guys... Is it possible that another team is also good (Montana)? The commentary is laughable. With the solid history and even recent record you have this year, there is no need to be emotionally defensive to this level with comments like this. Your still #1 when polls come out.
    Hey JMUVtFan, enjoy your comments; agree with you on Montana. They might be a pretty good team, and might be a team learning from its mistakes and getting better every week. Like a lot of people posting here, I found it surprising that UC Davis got beat pretty handily by MT.

As for Bison hangover effect ... seems to me there is a hangover effect, but it is not necessarily caused by 'the Bison' ... happens throughout college football (perhaps pros too), that when a team has to really get up mentally for a game against a good opponent, pretty common to underperform the following week ... this happens all the time, so I don't see it as a 'Bison' effect as much as a 'tough opponent' effect.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I told you it would start happening, jmu has played 1 ranked team with terrible numbers

Its comical, can you imagine if someone with NDSU pics and shit all over their social media did that. Oh well that impressive loss to WV will secure them a #1 seed if it comes down to it...
    There was a similar debate the other way in 2017. No JMU fans could fathom NDSU jumping them for #1 when both teams were still undefeated in mid-October. But the MVFC had about 5 top ten teams at that time and NDSU was set to play all of them whereas JMU's schedule wasn't nearly as tough. I said then that if NDSU ran that gauntlet they deserved the #1 ranking so I don't think the defending champ should be de facto #1 until they lose.

SDSU made that a moot point anyway in 2017 but the difference between then and now is the MVFC is still stronger (at least at the top) than the CAA is... NDSU played a stronger non-conference schedule (even if you include West Virginia) so the only thing you can go on at this point to give JMU any edge is style points (look at how bad we beat our cupcakes up!) and returning starters from 2018 (and by this point returning starters should mean jack shit).

The "razor thin margin" he refers to is really a tell that he's been looking for an excuse all season to move JMU up above NDSU. JMU beats their first team with a pulse this season and there it is!

At least a few of the voters in the STATS “other” category are just fans from around the country who have something to do with organizing or moderating something FCS-related...in this case a Facebook group.

EDIT: Appears JMU gained 3 first-place votes in the STATS poll. Figured it could have been more.
    Last edited by Stary2k11; 09-30-2019 at 05:12 PM.