Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2028293031 LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    It's a matter of unnecessary defensive banter.... FYI JMU wasn't looking ahead to NDSU. They were worse than Colgate and maybe even deserve to be in the playoffs.
    So it isn't unnecessary defensive sandbagging to say your team didn't deserve to be included with the likes of Incarnate Word, Towson, Duquesne, Elon, ETSU, Lamar, and San Diego?
    How the great high-arching heaven
    Looks and laughs upon it all!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    These are also good reasons. Turning over the bunnies ten times in one game also must count for something. Looks like the dukes are running away with this unless someone can come to the defense of the eagles.
    Will no one comes to the defense of EWU? God knows they don't have one of their own!

It's obvious the fans of a team that has won 7 of the last 8 and has lost like 10 times in the last 9 years needs something to talk about. I also think the knee jerk reaction from the masses/media anytime any result(comparative scoring) is used to show NDSU is slipping causes our fans to preemptively fight back against the bs, even with bs of our own.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by B. b. bison View Post
    So it isn't unnecessary defensive sandbagging to say your team didn't deserve to be included with the likes of Incarnate Word, Towson, Duquesne, Elon, ETSU, Lamar, and San Diego?
    I don't see how it is? I am doing the exact opposite of defending them? Those teams were likely better. In fact, Elon beat JMU so no, they would not be offended. Also not twisting another teams win (Montana) and crediting NDSU with it. So not seeing how this relates.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    What are we supposed to talk about? Something that doesn't offend other teams fans? The never ending rain? Pizza corner pizzas? You came here.
    I have no problem with NDSU talking about themselves as being superior. Seems they have been most years. I do have a problem with people attempting to discredit another teams win (Montana) because they happen to fall on the schedule one week later. What's wrong with just admitting Montana might also be pretty solid?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    I have no problem with NDSU talking about themselves as being superior. Seems they have been most years. I do have a problem with people attempting to discredit another teams win (Montana) because they happen to fall on the schedule one week later. What's wrong with just admitting Montana might also be pretty solid?
    Dude. I did that. Others have too. Bison hangover effect can also be a factor as well. The two are not mutually exclusive.

What about jet lag. That was a lot of travel for one week. Also Montana is a tough place to play. You honestly think they took as much time preparing for Montana as they did ndsu? I haven't really seen to many here say Montana isn't any good. Heck im pretty sure a regular poster here has been telling us for a couple weeks that Montana is for real this year. Lucky for you they'll end up on the ndsu side of the bracket no matter what.
    Game was at Davis.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Game was at Davis.
    Well the big sky isn't on the espn app.

Lardsin must go!

Well the big sky isn't on the espn app.
    That one wasn't even on Pluto.

I tend to think any hangover effect is more of a possibility in a slugfest with another team with a similar identity and style of play as NDSU. Probably less so with more pass happy, spread em out-type teams.

Also, I’ve heard of 4-5 UCD injuries during the Bison game. Were they starters? Key losses? That could be a bigger factor than the “hangover effect.”

I also tend to think Montana is trending up and will be fighting for a seed come playoff time.