Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I thought this was just about the Hero sports poll where they have JMU at 1 and NDSU at 2. Are some of the other polls now reflecting this?
    The Hero sports poll is what is prompting discussion but all of the other polls have been guilty of it in the past.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If Clemson had beat LSU just like NDSU beat UCD would people by counting that against them? Not a chance in hell.

People in the FCS are just sick of NDSU, this only irritates me because I thought Brian was above that but now it seems like he has fallen into that group.
    His reasoning is just bad. It appears he had a preseason hunch that JMU should be the top team because of who they return (from a three loss team who lost to Colgate in the Quarterfinals with none of their coaching staff returning). Now that the season is 4 games in, he's sticking to that hunch even though looking at the quality of the win/loss records at this point could not possibly justify JMU at #1. Instead he needs to see more, specifically NDSU going 9-0 with 6 top 25 wins before he'll abandon his preseason hunch. Until then rushing stats in a loss to an FBS team is better proof of how good an FCS team is based the thinking that FBS teams all have elite line play compared to FCS teams.

That's 100% his preoperative as a voter to think and vote that way. Just don't expect people to not call him out on justifying is rankings based on that.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    His reasoning is just bad. It appears he had a preseason hunch that JMU should be the top team because of who they return (from a three loss team who lost to Colgate in the Quarterfinals with none of their coaching staff returning). Now that the season is 4 games in, he's sticking to that hunch even though looking at the quality of the win/loss records at this point could not possibly justify JMU at #1. Instead he needs to see more, specifically NDSU going 9-0 with 6 top 25 wins before he'll abandon his preseason hunch. Until then rushing stats in a loss to an FBS team is better proof of how good an FCS team is based the thinking that FBS teams all have elite line play compared to FCS teams.

That's 100% his preoperative as a voter to think and vote that way. Just don't expect people to not call him out on justifying is rankings based on that.
    Bam! Exactly this. And what does it hurt to flip-flop them? Nothing. Like he said it's splitting hairs at this point and 1/2 both have homefield through the playoffs. So you are correct he wants his preseason hunch to be right, which at the end of the season it could be, bit right now there is a body of work from both teams that IMO shows NDSU has a better resume at this point.

Of course now he has to stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Bam! Exactly this. And what does it hurt to flip-flop them? Nothing. Like he said it's splitting hairs at this point and 1/2 both have homefield through the playoffs. So you are correct he wants his preseason hunch to be right, which at the end of the season it could be, bit right now there is a body of work from both teams that IMO shows NDSU has a better resume at this point.

Of course now he has to stick with it.

To Brian's credit, he did say on his podcast last week that if NDSU gets to 8-0 (after the SDSU game), he wouldn't even think about it, he will switch them immediately.

THAT said... I think he's giving too much credit to JMU at this point even. I don't see what's wrong with giving the defending champs the edge until they slip up. This is exactly what happened in 2017 and it should be no different when the Bison are in the driver's seat.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think Southcliff needs to get a tattoo that says "I'm a BJ" and be sure to get a pic to TAB.
    No tattoos allowed: 1 Corinthians 6 teaches us that "thy body is a temple onto the Lord...…...

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    No tattoos allowed: 1 Corinthians 6 teaches us that "thy body is a temple onto the Lord...…...
    You need to talk to the good reverend Bob Johnson. If you don't agree, im sure he can get you in touch with Bishop Harry Testes.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    To Brian's credit, he did say on his podcast last week that if NDSU gets to 8-0 (after the SDSU game), he wouldn't even think about it, he will switch them immediately.

THAT said... I think he's giving too much credit to JMU at this point even. I don't see what's wrong with giving the defending champs the edge until they slip up. This is exactly what happened in 2017 and it should be no different when the Bison are in the driver's seat.
    lol...big deal, why does NDSU need to beat 3/4 of the top 25 to PROVE they are good and JMU play nobody and deserve it?? talk about Bullshit what the hell makes SDSU #3 then?? only team with a pulse they have played is SUU
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    lol...big deal, why does NDSU need to beat 3/4 of the top 25 to PROVE they are good and JMU play nobody and deserve it?? talk about Bullshit what the hell makes SDSU #3 then?? only team with a pulse they have played is SUU
    5.1 vs 3.1 yards per rush vs a P5 team. That's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Perhaps the answer lies with the "quality" loss to a P5 team ……..Goofers

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Hawkins post game press conference.
    https://youtu.be/JfDqa9OTbEo
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns