Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Default Re: UC Davis Post-Game Thoughts/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Although NDSU has a lot to work on, which is something good for a young team to have going into a bye week, it is clear that UC Davis was severely underrated going into this game. Base on the game UC Davis had with Cal, NDSU is still close to being an overall Top-25 DI team right now. The UC Davis game that was confusing to me on my assessment of them might have more clarity today. San Diego gave UC Davis a great game in San Diego. While San Diego might not be a playoff team this year, the Toreros did beat Harvard today in game that didn't get close until the Crimson scored two TDs and a FG in the fourth quarter.

As I allude to earlier, UC Davis could be a team NDSU has to beat twice this season. Hopefully the Bison do a better job at improving than the Aggies. It will be interesting how UC Davis does during the season, but I'm going to be happy that the Bison were able to hold their high-scoring offense to just one TD.
    This is a great point... A close win that we we showed a lot of opportunities might get the team motivated
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gr-Effin Crosa! Get that kid a scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    They made a change where you have to login with your email address.
    Site was down but it's back now. I stay logged in

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Fools don't have any hi-lites up yet on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    First of all: We are damn lucky that dude dropped a gift pick six at the end of the game.
    2nd Trey wasn't a little off, he looked like a different player out there. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out later he had the flu or something.
    3rd Destin Talbert had a golden opportunity to shine today and was just horrendous. Seriously, the coaches may have to give the other guys a shot.
    4th Bad,bad game plan.
    5th Tyler Roehl had been brilliant up until now. Total brain fart on this week's game plan and execution. How many failed QB runs up the middle are you going to run when it goes nowhere??
    6th We could be in big ass trouble if Bridges get injured. Our CB's are below average other than Bridges. I have complained for years that they don't prioritize recruiting better CB's near enough. Do we really need eight RB's??????? before we recruit a better than average corner?? Where is Marcus Williams when you need him?
    7th Our LB's not named Cox are an exploitable weakness.
    8th Some things are just too obvious to tolerate. Derrick Tuszka needs to be on the field every down. This situation with him constantly rotating is just rank stupidity.
    9th Our uber talented TE's are grossly underused in the passing game. What are these people thinking? Really? When you have a clear advantage you use it.
    10 They really need to get through to Clark that he needs to get bigger and stronger because we need him power running at an elite level. He should have been a cut 215 by now.
    11 Throw the ball to Mathis!!! Enough with the decoy crap. Give the kid a chance to win some contested balls.
    12 Griffin Crosa is doing a really great job.
    Our starting CB are solid. We do need some depth and someone to step up to play nickel. We may need a transfer for next year.

Things look much different without dropped passes. Guessing that includes play calling.

Stat line for Lance looks different without the ref having the excellent PBU.

Tackling.

Good time for the bye. Cal Davis is a decent team. Wake up call.

I like to see much cleaner execution.

Good to get the win and tape will show this team can roll if they clean it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Both of Trey's running touchdowns are worthy of highlight reels.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    ... it is clear that UC Davis was severely underrated going into this game. ... The UC Davis game that was confusing to me on my assessment of them might have more clarity today. San Diego gave UC Davis a great game in San Diego. ...
    I wonder if UCD has been focused on the Bison for the last several weeks [months] and not that focused on the previous 3 opponents which would explain their mixed performance in games leading up to today's game. It would certainly lead to them being underrated. They were VERY prepared for playing the Bison.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Our starting CB are solid. We do need some depth and someone to step up to play nickel. We may need a transfer for next year.
    A lot of our pass coverage issues were due to lack of pressure.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Aren't Coleman and Hall supposed to be good? Maybe they need a shot?